Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Announced

Default Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Announced

The new version have been announced today.
    See here - https://bit.ly/2jPGUwI

Definitely requires a very high end PC.

The picture is just an artist rendering and not an in-game.

Sorry to diappoint you, but this is a marketing shot not an in-game screenshot. Sadly perfect photorealism is not yet within the capabilities of real-time graphics, but we're heading in the right direction.
    Another buggy version of unfixed mess on the horizon.

Harold

Sounds like the infamous "targeted graphics"they used to hype TANE crowd funding.I fell for that one but not this time.I'll wait and see.

I suspect this will be the "target graphics" they intended for TANE but not much else. Tony Hilliam has already pretty much admitted that to those of us who enquired about sound, physics or other aspects that need addressing. In fact, a post I made on the forum a couple of weeks ago asking about improvement to basic simulation features and functions was dismissed as a "wish-list". The guy came as close as telling me to "cuss off" as he could on their own spam post riddled forum.

I like Trainz for its route building ease but pretty much everything else about it is stuck back in 2006. They are still trying to sell this as new code, when a 9 year old with no computer programming skill could point and say under the slightly prettier but GPU melting graphics, it's the same old Trainz it ever was.
    Vern.

Sound and Physics are much required aspect in this era.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I like Trainz for its route building ease but pretty much everything else about it is stuck back in 2006. .....
    A truer word hasn't been said about the core of Trainz.
    Why on earth they have held onto that Jet game engine for 12 years, I haven't the faintest idea.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Angry

No chance, my throwing away good money after poor software ceased with TANE.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Save your hard earned money.

Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust