Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Announced

Not trying to be a troll or anything, but haverfordwest seems a little bit unhappy with N3V Games, since, IMO, philskene’s Trs19 photos are really good.

When I first opened the initial Beta version I said, "WOW".

Just opened the game today and it looks lame now.

Seems N3V never looks out the window and sees what the real world looks like.

Most screenshots look good even in MSTS.

Legacy routes suffer from "grass shadows".

N3V says to use the new grass, yeah, go back and redo every old route.

Idiots.

Harold
    Last edited by hminky; 11-14-2018 at 10:14 AM.

I rate N3V lower than DTG, but there is not much in it.

They both hype their respective games far to much.

For what actually gets delivered.

Mike.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Harold --

"N3V says to use the new grass, yeah, go back and redo every old route."

Yes, that is going to be a real issue. And the textures too. When I compare one of my TRS19 layouts with the earlier version in T:ANE I think "Damn, do I have to go back and update all my previous work?" I'm still undecided whether the answer is yes or no.

Phil

I have done just one route but undecided whether to bother with the rest or push on with new ideas. Updating old work is a bit like putting a fresh coat of the same paint on a wall. It looks a bit brighter and fills in all the little cracks but the overall difference isn't that great.
    Vern.

That's what happens when you make new releases backwards compatible for ever. They should have drawn a line after TANE and made only new DLC that takes advantages of whatever advances there might be compatible with TRS19. Of course that won't happen because people will complain that the free DLC they downloaded 15 years ago, and looks 15 years old, won't work anymore but at least anyone starting out train simming today would be sure of getting up to date DLC to run on their sim.

Having said that DTG's TSW shows that starting with a clean slate doesn't always work either.