Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Announced

Very nice....and the vignette effect is certainly an effective touch, Phil.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Thanks. They look much better full screen. If you're using Chrome, right click on image then "Open image in new tab".

Phil - can you share (roughly) your lighting settings in Environment to arrive at that appearance?
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    Thanks. They look much better full screen. If you're using Chrome, right click on image then "Open image in new tab".
    With Firefox it's just a right click and "View Image" for the same result.
    Great sharpness, without excessive anti-alias and the colour and shading is really nice. Is that how it looks in-game?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

"Is that how it looks in-game?"

Yes, assuming that screen grabs from a video made with FRAPS reproduce the original colours and lighting accurately. Actually, I've just compared the shotz with in-game and, yes, they are the same.

Vern --

One of the features that I'd like to see is an accurate numeric way of setting the lighting in Environment rather than those silly little dials. Then we could all share settings

If you want to reproduce the setting, fire up T:ANE, create a route (maybe just a section of track), import it into TRS19, then set the Fog settings to almost the minimum. That's exactly what you see in the screen shotz -- originally the layout was a narrow gauge model railroad created in T:ANE then imported into TRS19. But maybe the PBR textures have some impact on lighting effects too? And you can also fiddle with the new brightness slider.

The shotz were taken either early morning or early afternoon.

A few more on the same layout but on the upper level. The locomotive is K&L Trainz, payware:

The lighting and shadow effects are really very, very well done.

[qote]One of the features that I'd like to see is an accurate numeric way of setting the lighting in Environment rather than those silly little dials. Then we could all share settings[/quote]

Have raised that point on the N3V forum but whether it is regarded as a "wish list" or something desirable to do, entirely in the hands of Mr Hilliam and Mr Windwalker!
    Vern.

My apologies if I'm monopolising this thread. If anyone objects I promise to cease and desist.

Full screen / 1080p:

Phil

Nice Phil, Trainz is excellent for model railway layouts.

But for prototypical operations (UK), it's a complete waste of time.

The Big Big Train, we bought for my oldest boy in the 1970's was more realistic.

https://www.thebigbigtrain.com/rolling-stock/
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust