Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Announced

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    All your fault for introducing me to the original forum in June 2001 ...
    You're as bad as my wife.....blaming me for everything!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Steve, it is not permitted to merge two N3V payware routes together buddy.

It throws up a warning message, in game. To cease and desist immediately, es ist verboten.

Got to be some substance to it then Bruce, hehehehehe.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Steve, it is not permitted to merge two N3V payware routes together buddy.
    It throws up a warning message, in game. To cease and desist immediately, es ist verboten.
    Mike.
    Are you tying to put it on the DLS, afterwards then???
    Has it always been like this, I only merged freeware routes together, I never tried it with Payware content.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

No Steve, i just wanted to merge Kings X - Edinburgh & Edinburgh - Dundee for my own use buddy.

Supposedly it has always been the rule.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Yes, I see, I never knew that then, Mike, there must be a command in the config txt somewhere, if you know where to look you could alter it. Another thing they dictate to customers about, how we can play these games in our own homes once we've bought them, how bloody peurile.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 12-04-2018 at 12:50 PM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Unless N3V plan to release a further version of the ECML with the extension to Dundee added?

Anyhow I folded and it is back on the development laptop, currently looking into the German scene where the general standard of traction and rolling stock seems a degree or two higher than the UK stuff, certainly worth building a route for.
    Vern.

Try removing the "is payware 1" tag in both routes, but CM just endlessly tried to save without getting anywhere Steve.

Control freakery really does get my back up. Pay nearly 60 notes for the poxy game.

Then not allowed to do as i wish with it. Then N3V wonder why my login on their forum, was anti them.

No good for me Vern, only really interested in UK railways, buddy.

Mike.

I read all the moaning and groaning about TRS19 and wonder why I actually like it (a lot) and others don't (also a lot). In many ways this image by another narrow gauge enthusiast pretty well sums it all up:

Why? Well, I took that depressed centre car from another source. It had chopper style couplers. I changed them to knuckle couplers to go with North American locomotives and freight cars.

The crane is by Ben Dorsey as a static scenic item. I made it into a product so that it could be loaded onto an interactive flat car.

I then used it in a session on the Klozett Railroad (also my own creation) shown in a video earlier in this thread, Post #449. The sessions goes like this:
    _____

You were called out an hour ago. By the time you get to the Crew Hut it's 0800. Right on time.

The Dispatcher welcomes you with a smile. Who can't help but smile on a wonderful sunny morning like this?

Chuck and Joe, good morning.
    Your diesel locomotive is waiting for you over at the Depot.
    On the Ferry Barge you will find two depressed centre freight cars and two tank cars.
    Take the depressed centres to The Workshop where a crane will be bolted to one and coil steel loaded on the other.
    Use the crane to unloaded the steel coil at The Foundry.
    Return to The Workshop where the crane will be removed. Load both cars with refurbished excavator buckets. Spot the loaded cars back on the Ferry.
    Fill the tank cars with diesel over at the Fuels Wharf and spot the loaded cars back on the Ferry.
    Contact me when done.

You stroll over to your locomotive, do the mandated safety checks then slowly run the locomotive onto the turntable. Your day has begun.
    _____

Meanwhile I read over in the DTG Forum that with the new Manchester - Leeds DLC route you can't even create your own session to use the locomotives and rolling stock that come with the route.

You certainly can't modify rolling stock, locomotives or static items with the freedom that TRS19 provides. And as for making your own route ... .

Oh yes, the tools to do this will be available "soon"?

Phil

Well Phil, Trainz is very much a Marmite train sim. For ease of route editing it can't be beaten and if you like running trains from an external view through the landscape you created it is also very good. The snag comes when you climb in the cab and are quite often transported back to the Amiga or early PC train sim era, or start off in a DMU to find it uses the Alco sounds from 2002, not to mention the one fits all braking system.

I'm also quite sceptical about the Train Sim World editor package if/when it arrives as I'm firmly convinced they have not pitched it at the hobby level creator at all. Almost a foregone conclusion that high end 3D and art software will be required to get your own 3D models in there so even producing a few smple station signs will be beyond the pay grade of those of us using 3D Canvas and Paint Shop 7!
    Vern.

Phil, as far as i am concerned N3V and DTG are all a bunch of wasters.

They are as bad a each other buddy, neither being interested in realism.

You obviously enjoy what you do and that is great. I just don't feel the same way.

TSW does not fill me with any joy either. TS2019 is the same old same old except for the 64x update.

So i am not saying that Trainz is any worse than the others. But it is certainly no better.

Mike.