Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Announced

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Nah, hale and pace, the management........

Cheerz. Steve.
    Oh yes Steve, i used to enjoy them.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

I set up a session and then found I just had to video the start.

6:30 on a cold frosty morning. Most of us are still tucked up in a warm bed. But the Depot crew have been up since before dawn and have a good fire burning in the firebox of Old 97. They take the old girl over to the water tower. Next comes the hard part – coaling the tender. Then Chuck and Joe will take over, taking #97 out onto the road for a hard day’s work.

Any dates of release of TRS19 on steam client?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalRailways View Post
    Any dates of release of TRS19 on steam client?
    Thanks
    There was a vague "eventually" when I posted the question at N3V just after the early access (EA) released. It certainly doesn't look as they are entertaining Steam to distribute during the EA period so best guess will be much later in the year or even next year when they have mustered enough of the promised content to declare a full version.
    Vern.

Well, N3V have touted the official release of the game as Q4 2018, which is Oct/Nov/Dec, it's possible from a marketing p o v that they might wait until a few week's before Christmas to garner more sales, who knows, but, when it will get to Steam is anyone's guess.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

With only one of the promised routes having been confirmed as "soon" (the Italian one) I would say October is extremely unlikely, unless N3V are managing the information release and plan to spring it as a surprise.

My (cynical) view of the thing, is they have a load of half finished commissioned routes out there on their associates' PC's with no guarantee if or when they will be presented for final distribution. The pitfalls of having no in house studio to develop content alongside the main game.
    Vern.

Direct sun glare on the windscreen, even though i am heading true north and it isn't even that sunny in game.

Structures still on the track bed.

Trackbed floating a good 6 - 9 inches (real world measurements) above the terrain.

Floating over bridges.

Must be my fault though. I am only the customer, the fool that parted with nearly £60 UK.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    The pitfalls of having no in house studio to develop content alongside the main game.
    Hmmm, well, I don't know Vern, personally speaking, we've all been critical of DTG before, developing content for their game and at least 75% of their DLC content on Steam has something wrong with it if you read the reviews, so, we are all in the middle of the deep blue sea here, do, we allow developers to build stuff and get it wrong, or, allow developers to not get involved with creating content and leave it to 3rd party folks who do a better job?
    As a customer I'd rather pay for stuff that is of good quality and meets our standards of product satisfaction and not the bloody developers, which is far from satisfactory half the time and we have to pay through the nose for it.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 09-24-2018 at 10:18 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Still travelling North, the South is behind me, the East is to the right and the West is to the left.

It's around 11:10am in August, so the sun is also in the sky to my right (or it should be)

So N3V why with your new super duper game engine.

Are the train shadows also to my right. When they should be to the West of the train to my left ???

Mike.

I do also wish they would kill that haze effect looking out of the loco windscreen, too. Puts the graphics straight back to Trainz UTC regardless of all the other issues.
    Vern.