Thread: Questions about tracks

Default Questions about tracks

i am currently trying to use the 3-way switch in MSTS - A1t3WayPnt10dMnl - and having some problems when i try to go right on it. The window to select the routing only shows left. Is there a way to correct that since i have to use it a few more times?

also, in some places serving some industries, i would like to use a A2t curve, like 190 or even 150. It seems that MSTS has nothing under 250. Does anyone knows where i could find those curves, if they do exist and are available?

Thanks

Michel

I'm afraid I've got no good news for you here.

The three-way switch, quite simply, has never worked. Switches are hard-coded to select one of two routes. I suspect the 3-way switch was a failed experiment.

There are no double- or more-track curves tighter than 250m radius. You'll probably have to use two single-track pieces for it

Hi Michel,

The filename of the 3 way switch shape file name you used A1t3WayPnt10dMnl, I don't have a shape by that name.

If that's the shape you used it's not the working model I've used for over 10 years in several routes works fine.
    Yes, there may have been another 3 way that didn't work in the past but I've never seen one.

It's a two part shape. First place the #1 shape then #2

(and it certainly will not work if only the first part is used by itself.

AitPnt3w10dLftRgtMnl1.s and
    AitPnt3w10dLftRgtMnl2.s
    or
    AitPnt3w10dRgtLftMnl1.s
    AitPnt3w10dRgtLftMnl2.s

Here's a picture of the separate parts and an assembled AitPnt3w10dLftRgtMnl1.s switch

3WaySwitchAssembly.jpg

Just checked and the A1t3WayPnt10dMnl is buggered. It seems to be constructed with a 3 way JunctionNode (the red pole)
    That is simply not allowed. Junctions are 2 way only as I recall and squeezing in a third path to a 2 way junction didn't work.
    Use the ones I posted and you'll do fine.
    Enjoy!

regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 05-16-2018 at 06:24 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Thank you both, ebnertra000 and Vince.

Vince, the only ones that I have are A1tPnt3w10d150rRgtLftMnl1 and 2 and the same for the left ones. Am i correct in interpreting your shapes names as being the same?

Michel

Hi Michel,
    Two different shapes each with two parts and each with different filenames.

edit add........
    Oops!! I just noticed I left out this part '150r' from the filenames....
    Sorry for the confusion.

Corrected filenames:
    SHAPE #1
    AitPnt3w10d150rLftRgtMnl1.s and
    AitPnt3w10d150rLftRgtMnl2.s
    or
    SHAPE #2
    AitPnt3w10d150rRgtLftMnl1.s
    AitPnt3w10d150rRgtLftMnl2.s

regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 05-17-2018 at 06:22 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

no problem Vince, it happens and you are always a great help, like, on a scale from 1 to 100, you are 150

thanks

Michel