Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: New Open Rail Skydomes

Hi Noli ,

Thank you.

Yes, it is 3DTrains Sherman Hill route. It's still in development, but if you like being "Into The Great Wide Open", as I do, it's a must have.
    As for rolling stock, if it's payware, it's Dieselswest Only. I'm a hardcore Dieselswest supporter.

Regards Claus

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post
    As for rolling stock, if it's payware, it's Dieselswest Only. I'm a hardcore Dieselswest supporter.

Regards Claus
    Same here. Looking forward to the SD50s and the C36-7s myself.

I have started playing with these and getting the hang of it. One thing that would be helpful is if the pictures posted here included the name of the skydome and the clouds combination to achieve the effect. Great Work.

Basil

Now, all we need is an app that will allow easy selection of the dome and clouds combination without so much copying and pasting.

Now if we could only get the OR team to first look for skydome textures in the route's \texture library instead of the OR software folder we could have different skydomes for each season. Leave to one in the OR folder as the default when there are no seasonal skydomes in trhe route.

I'd use the one with the big puffy white clouds in Midwest routes (summer and autumn) and that stormy one looks about right for a California winter rain.
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

Quote Originally Posted by bprice View Post
    Now, all we need is an app that will allow easy selection of the dome and clouds combination without so much copying and pasting.
    While it's still not a perfect scenario, I quickly got sick of the copying and pasting and have just set up a number of ORTS folders with the combos of clouds and skydomes I like and created individual shortcuts to them in my games folder. While ORTS clear, ORTS fluffy, ORTS light overcast etc are taking a bit of getting used to looking at, it's a lot faster than constantly copying and pasting before a session.
    Cheers!
    Pete