Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: New Open Rail Skydomes

Just used a photo of the sky taken out of the library. I'm sure other skies made for MSTS will look differently but they can be used in OR if the file is saved as a 2024 x 2024 PNG.

Interesting, I tried a earth from moon shot at discovered a few things about how OR makes skies. The moon horizon showed up as an arch across the bottom, not a horizon. There were three earths, not one, and the black background was blue do to a skydome1 PNG file OR places over top the image we think is the sky we see.

Paul :-)

Quote Originally Posted by pnrailway View Post
    C B,

I found that the easiest way to use the MSTS sky environments, such as those in MSTS Sky! Conductor2 is to take the sky you like and convert it into a png file and use it as your Clouds1 after backing up the original one. That way the clouds move across the skydome.

Paul

That sky looks good. Nice work there.
    Thanks. Question: looking in my old MSTS ENVFILES folder, I see lots of files -- .env files for each environment with multiple .ace files for each. Which file do I convert to a .png?
    Last edited by PennCentral1970; 07-28-2018 at 05:36 PM.

I just checked my OR Skys folder and I have 15 different files of skys. With the combination of sky domes, clouds and the ctrl + or - keys I have a pretty fair variety of weather.
    I'm Happy.

Thank you Claus.

Randy

They will be ace files found in the Envfiles>Textures folder. Can't really tell you a set of names to look for, they are all a little different depending on the creator of the file. What they are not going tp be is the obvious ones like moon or sun. You can open them in TGA Tool 2 and see if that's the one you want to change.

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    They will be ace files found in the Envfiles>Textures folder. Can't really tell you a set of names to look for, they are all a little different depending on the creator of the file. What they are not going tp be is the obvious ones like moon or sun. You can open them in TGA Tool 2 and see if that's the one you want to change.

I'll give that a try, thanks.

what happened to all the Skydomes on the FL? They seem to have been removed?

Quote Originally Posted by peterbilt359x View Post
    what happened to all the Skydomes on the FL? They seem to have been removed?
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...71#post1937171

Raiganj, Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal, India.

Amazing Screenshots !
    Can you tell me the Route name andd where can I get this Sky Demo?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeeb_ir View Post
    Amazing Screenshots !
    Can you tell me the Route name andd where can I get this Sky Demo?
    Read the link below.

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...71#post1937171
    I guess time to rework my spare time priorities now.... - Mark -