Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 121 to 129 of 129

Thread: New Open Rail Skydomes

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brockville, ON, CA
    Posts
    2,260

    Default

    Just used a photo of the sky taken out of the library. I'm sure other skies made for MSTS will look differently but they can be used in OR if the file is saved as a 2024 x 2024 PNG.

    Interesting, I tried a earth from moon shot at discovered a few things about how OR makes skies. The moon horizon showed up as an arch across the bottom, not a horizon. There were three earths, not one, and the black background was blue do to a skydome1 PNG file OR places over top the image we think is the sky we see.

    Paul :-)

  2. #122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pnrailway View Post
    C B,

    I found that the easiest way to use the MSTS sky environments, such as those in MSTS Sky! Conductor2 is to take the sky you like and convert it into a png file and use it as your Clouds1 after backing up the original one. That way the clouds move across the skydome.

    Paul

    That sky looks good. Nice work there.
    Thanks. Question: looking in my old MSTS ENVFILES folder, I see lots of files -- .env files for each environment with multiple .ace files for each. Which file do I convert to a .png?
    Last edited by PennCentral1970; 07-28-2018 at 05:36 PM.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    83

    Default

    I just checked my OR Skys folder and I have 15 different files of skys. With the combination of sky domes, clouds and the ctrl + or - keys I have a pretty fair variety of weather.
    I'm Happy.

    Thank you Claus.

    Randy

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brockville, ON, CA
    Posts
    2,260

    Default

    They will be ace files found in the Envfiles>Textures folder. Can't really tell you a set of names to look for, they are all a little different depending on the creator of the file. What they are not going tp be is the obvious ones like moon or sun. You can open them in TGA Tool 2 and see if that's the one you want to change.

    Paul :-)

  5. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    They will be ace files found in the Envfiles>Textures folder. Can't really tell you a set of names to look for, they are all a little different depending on the creator of the file. What they are not going tp be is the obvious ones like moon or sun. You can open them in TGA Tool 2 and see if that's the one you want to change.

    Paul :-)
    I'll give that a try, thanks.

  6. #126

    Default

    what happened to all the Skydomes on the FL? They seem to have been removed?

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterbilt359x View Post
    what happened to all the Skydomes on the FL? They seem to have been removed?
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...71#post1937171

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Raiganj, Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal, India.
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Amazing Screenshots !
    Can you tell me the Route name andd where can I get this Sky Demo?

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey (NJ)
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjeeb_ir View Post
    Amazing Screenshots !
    Can you tell me the Route name andd where can I get this Sky Demo?
    Read the link below.

    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...71#post1937171
    I guess time to rework my spare time priorities now.... - Mark -

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •