Thread: Road loft design 3dsmax and blueprint

Exclamation Road loft design 3dsmax and blueprint

Hi,

My project is very advanced now, in the begging I use the road section from the kuju, but now I am thinking to design mine.

I follow the instruction on the railsimulator dev docs and on their wiki but does'nt work.

I create of the course the road loft section blueprint and connect with the road section IGS

I use 3DSmax 2015, I design a plan shape with 4x4m size

I put the road texture with the LoftTexDiff.fx.

I go on the editor, the file name is on the list, I can put in, but it's invisible.

I guess I made something wrong but I don't know where. Because the tuto it's hard to found online

Thanks in adavance for the help

does it show up in the editor? press F8 in the editor. it will then export to a viewing window. it should be about 30 meters long. if it does not show up. then you did something wrong. another thing is make sure you click reset transform in max. then put an edit mesh on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by nickol View Post
    does it show up in the editor? press F8 in the editor. it will then export to a viewing window. it should be about 30 meters long. if it does not show up. then you did something wrong. another thing is make sure you click reset transform in max. then put an edit mesh on top of it.
    On TS editor doesn’t show up but can see the road name on the list. I will try your advice and will come back to you

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

still not resolved

Quote Originally Posted by baobaoHZ View Post

I go on the editor, the file name is on the list, I can put in, but it's invisible.
    Hi

This happend to me because I extruded the shape in the wrong direction. (I was using Blender)
    I needed to extrude it in the negative direction.

Post a screen shot of your loft in 3DMax if you don't think the problem is with the extrude direction.

myWallLoft_Blender.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by trainbrain View Post
    Hi

This happend to me because I extruded the shape in the wrong direction. (I was using Blender)
    I needed to extrude it in the negative direction.

Post a screen shot of your loft in 3DMax if you don't think the problem is with the extrude direction.

myWallLoft_Blender.jpg
    Hi trainbrain,

For the loft I blocked actually, I didn't extrude, because I start from a plane. I let you see the screenshot.

SCREENSHOT.jpg

Hi

The picture isn't very clear, and I don't know 3dMax but I think you may need to move the plane.

In the top view move the plane down
    so the top of the plane is at the 0 location on that axis
    and put the origin at this 0 location also.

myWallLoft2_Blender.jpg

I’ll try today and come back to you

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

finally I resolved, in fact in the wiki or RW they mean for the road have to use the process for the tracks loft, and in the RS dev docs, I tried from the docs how to create loft and it work.

Quote Originally Posted by baobaoHZ View Post
    finally I resolved,...