Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DTG announcement arrives today regarding TSW.

Default DTG announcement arrives today regarding TSW.

So, for all those of you awaiting this new hyped up announcement being made at 6pm today UK time by DTG, they've already announced it, at 10am this morning, isn't that just typical. Oh, and the news is that TSW is going to be released on Playstation 4 in July, but, I 'aint bothered, so, I never read the rest of the article, if you're interested, it's here.....

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/...d-announcement

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Just read the announcement, shaken head and back to business as usual in one of the other sims.

News of PS4 just confirms what the sage amongst us have been saying for ages - this was only ever intended as a dumbed down train game using arcade physics and gameplay elements to sell to the masses. DTG's equivalent to Densha de Go, except Taito actually knew what they were doing especially with the later titles such as DDG Professional and DDG Final.
    Vern.

Big freakin deal.

I think i will get my clockwork trainset down from the loft.

Far more realistic than either of DTG's lamentable games.

When i lived in the Slough area. In the local slang, DTG would have been know as "a right bunch of chancers".

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Well, I got to give props to DTG, they got people's attention for a bullshit announcement.
    Sean Summer
    CEO of Blue Ridge Mountains Machine works.

Surprised they haven't released it for the Wii yet...maybe DTG are waiting for steam traction so you can be the fireman and shovel coal via the Wii system. They can't have too many more feet to shoot...can they?
    Avidly simming on the rails:
    Currently using TSW and Run 8

Here is a true believer:

Matt has said tools are on the horizon so I don't see why people still want to keep doubting it! As for reaslism TSW has a lot of potential in that area as far as I can see.
    Can see the believers "cargo culting" the game and constructing a wooden locomotive on a hill in hopes they will have tools.

Harold

That quote comes from a diehard/foolhardy optimist preaching DTG's prayer.
    Otherwise, even on UKTS the reception of the feeling of deception by DTG's big announcement is all over the TSW threads.
    Likewise on the German board. Most PC player feel left out or even abandoned.

So if DTG chooses the arcade game players and gaming consoles as their primary market, best of luck to them. I still don't think the typical kid playing FPS games is really interested in driving trains and buying every new piece of track or rolling stock. But who know what magical marketing rabbits DTG pulls out of their high hats?

Default ANOTHER "Announcement"......

So stop just a moment.....

think about some of the issues raised in the thread the previous "Announcement" raised?
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...86#post1934886

My interest (or current lack thereof) in DTG is widely "on record" here BUT....

Consider my speculation in the previous thread? From my post #87 in that thread
    Again I point you to the "realities" of DTG's situation. They have to produce new stuff and sell new stuff to stay afloat? Nobody is going to pay them AGAIN for spending time fixing stuff that everyone argues should have been fixed in the first place?
    Look at the current development (widely predicted in these forums) into "Game Boxes"?

Doesn't that provide DTG with a NEW market?

That at least keeps them afloat?

Of course it DOESN'T put right the issues that you're all raising about TS20XX or TSW. BUT it does mean that they now have sales to sustain further development?

.....however given their "previous" I'd suggest ....Don't hold your breath
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

So if DTG chooses the arcade game players and gaming consoles as their primary market, best of luck to them. I still don't think the typical kid playing FPS games is really interested in driving trains and buying every new piece of track or rolling stock. But who know what magical marketing rabbits DTG pulls out of their high hats?
    This.

Densha de Go was a success on the consoles at the time because it was a quirky big thing in the arcades. Those of us who bought it in the west was out of a sense of curiosity which was rewarded with pleasant surprise as to how good it was. If DTG genuinely think the UK and US demographic for console games is going to see anything "cool" about playing a train game, their marketing advisors are very mistaken.

The market is for the hardcore simmers on the PC with a quality product accompanied by comprehensive editors.
    Vern.

Even though they released the announcement on Facebook before the stream, I still watched the stream of the announcement on Twitch. You would not believe how many questions they got about Multiplayer and Editor tools for TSW. Literally no one in the Twitch Chat cared about the port to Xbox and PS4.
    Sean Summer
    CEO of Blue Ridge Mountains Machine works.