Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TS 2018/ North Wales Coastal Route

Default TS 2018/ North Wales Coastal Route

Is TS 2018 worth purchasing? I am really only interested in the North Wales route, so I would value some opinion, please.

You can always try it for up to two hours then refund if you're not happy with it.

Otherwise it's a leading question and you will likely get a variety of different answers. The sim does have some good points to it but you need to choose your content very carefully. I never got round to purchasing North Wales Coast as the modern era is of little interest. Much preferred the classic MSTS version with Class 40's, 24's, 47's and proper DMU's.

If you want a reasonable UK route experience look for the ones by Keith Ross such as the two WCML's, Woodhead or Port Road.
    Vern.

Vern you might be interested in this back dating of the NWC route.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/113166...57690085126135

http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtop...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Mike.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

I'll put it on my "maybe" list, Mike.
    Vern.

Yes "maybe" with great reservations Vern.

Even the 1980's era conversion does not interest me really.

As the DTG base route is not complete.

Mike.

You need to wait until Nick and Andy have completed the regression of this route, they have only got as far as Mostyn Docks, they still have to get to Crewe, which I understand is to be done to reflect the pre-1985 remodelling project, which sounds brilliant, for the future.
    Vern is right though, as the route mirrors around the BR Blue time period of 1980 and Conwy Station was closed then, so, really everything starts at LLandudno, however, they have included the old yards at Rhyl and Colwyn Bay and the Colliery at Point of Ayre, it looks very good and is far, far superior to DTG's modern-day effort.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 06-07-2018 at 04:48 PM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Still won't be any good unless they extend it to Holyhead Steve.

Mike.

I agree in a way Mike, but, I think the initial idea was for them to tag it on to their other route that would take you on the full length journey from Llandudno to Manchester Victoria via Chester, but, I understand that the route coordinates are all wrong, so, that plan was shelved and they decided to go down to Crewe instead as DTG had provided the basics for that area, and as we don't have the old Crewe in any route offering currently within the game, then, that sounded a better deal, and would be a real feather in their caps if they can pull it off. There was talk of carrying this on to Holyhead at the outset, but, unsure if that plan was pie in the sky, or, is on the back burner, I never heard anymore about it.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 06-08-2018 at 03:54 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

I love their extended Liverpool - Manchester route BR Blue, Steve. It is one of my faves buddy, so shame they cannot join it to NWC.

In regards NWC route in isolation, i much prefer the MSTS version.

I just get fed up of all these little bits of routes Steve. There is no joined up plan by DTG, when creating these routes.

I doubt it is ever going to get better or change buddy. All the emphasis from DTG is now on TSW, Xbox1 and PS4.

Mike.

I've given up with DTG, Mike, I think most if us have. I solely rely on the 3rd party developers and creators, repainters and Payware producers, and we are fortunate enough to have a few of those everywhere, so, I'll keep playing with their mixture of assorted routes and locomotive content, which is often a far better standard than what DTG offer anyway.

Cheerz. Steve.