Thread: New BLW/ZT PRSL Activity Uploading Tonight.

Default New BLW/ZT PRSL Activity Uploading Tonight.

Hi everyone. Been a while I know but I have a new activity for the BLW/ZT PRSL RDC set on the Blue Comet Lines route. Actually started these last summer and after some medical issues (Sucks getting old, I'll tell ya !) I finally got around with the finish for them.

In involves events on August 9, 1976 when Hurricane Belle was bearing down on NJ (She actually was a bust in ways, we have much more rain & damage with storms earlier in that week) & based on Conrail-NJDOT operation of the era. Two acts are included basically of the same. The difference is who's version of the story you believed. It involves 2 stalled RDCs brought in from E'port a few weeks before and in the difference is did they lash to the dead units from the back or from the front. So I give you both versions, you decide which one you rather run. You can read it all in the detailed documents included in the file.

Thanks again to Rick Franzosa for making the PRSL set possible (Now how about some PRSL GP38's & hacks LOL) & to Chris Parker for his great CNJ bonus freight car set for the BLW/ZT CNJ set. And of course Steve Durham for the great Blue Comet Lines route.

It will be uploading early this morning (6/15/2018) & below are a few screens of the action.

At the Atlantic City Terminal

Passing the Atlantic City Engine Terminal Throat Track

Crossing the Thorofare Draw Bridge

Passing a Hyrailer in the tidal basin between Atlantic City & Absecon

A Conrail MOW getting into position for Belle passing our train at Absecon

Coming into Hammonton with the dead ex-CNJ Budds in the background

Dropping off Conrail & NJDOT personnel at Egg Harbor

Pulling into the former Mannheim Sand (At the time here Lenox China) to ride out Belle

Enjoy.
    - Mark -

oh yes Mark, glad to hear of another activity. I love your work - and learn from it.

I was wondering if you were experiencing medical issues, as you have been quiet. Thinking of you. I hope things are better. I hope it isn't too difficult.

Can you send me (or link me) some pictures of PRSL cabeese? Just in case I might be inspired . . .

Christopher Parker

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    oh yes Mark, glad to hear of another activity. I love your work - and learn from it.

I was wondering if you were experiencing medical issues, as you have been quiet. Thinking of you. I hope things are better. I hope it isn't too difficult.

Can you send me (or link me) some pictures of PRSL cabeese? Just in case I might be inspired . . .
    Thanks Chris. I am feeling tons better thank you. Happy that I am in time for summer too. I finally got to sit at my main PC & saw all these activities I have in limbo for a couple of the BLW/ZT sets & the TigerTrains Circus & Septa sets my son bought me & figured time to get my butt in gear finishing & testing them I even have few steam ones like the famous (Well famous to the locals in the area) Helium Trains to Lakehurst NAS during WWII & troop trains heading to Atlantic City for training at the world famous Convention Hall.

Only laid out one in early stages in the last week and that is for the TigerTrain ACES set Matt got me too not to long ago. One from NY Penn to AC and a return trip. Glad Ian did a release on them after he showed the skins for them on Facebook one time a while back.

I will send you over a few photos later on PRSL cabeese. They used N5's & N11E Transfers& simple setups with old style PRSL logos and later no logos. I have a few so just in case you get inspired (Haha)
    - Mark -

Good to hear you're feeling tons better Mark! Hold on tight, stay up all night... and all the rest of that good NJ stuff.
    Cheers!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by ossie View Post
    Good to hear you're feeling tons better Mark! Hold on tight, stay up all night... and all the rest of that good NJ stuff.
    Thank you much Pete. I am feeling tons better. And for the "Stay up all night" part, tomorrow will be my 1st test of that. Going to my 1st concert in over a year .
    T
    - Mark -

That's great news mate. So pleased to hear it. Enjoy!
    Cheers!
    Pete

Glad to hear you’re feeling better, Mark!!

Quote Originally Posted by rfranzosa View Post
    Glad to hear you’re feeling better, Mark!!
    Thanks Rick. Lots better now. And now the part of getting all the things I left hanging completed before the gauntlet fell.
    - Mark -