Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conbuilder

Default Conbuilder

All sales of Conbuilder will cease on June 30, 2018. Our private forum for supporters will remain open. If you purchased conbuilder and are not registered on our forum please do so. The source code will not be placed in the public domain.

Going forward, after June 30, what will be the Get License Process, say if you need to install on a new machine, or have some other problem that requires a complete re-install of ConBuilder.
    Should I be asking this on the CB Forum?
    Regards, Gerry
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Since this will be the last chance to buy conbuilder, can you offer a quick list of the various tests and other value added benefits it performs beyond the basic consist builder functions? Thank you
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    Since this will be the last chance to buy conbuilder, can you offer a quick list of the various tests and other value added benefits it performs beyond the basic consist builder functions? Thank you
    Christopher
    That information is already on the internet. Been there for over 8 years! It is a sub page of the sales page. Direct link is http://conbuilder.com/cbpro.html
    Charles

But it is not complete. I looked there when you said that CB has at least 15 features that TSRE CE doesn't have. And on the list I can see only Testing + ENG/WAG value editing.

Will Conbuilder be released as freeware at some point for continued use? It's a valuable tool for going forward with ORTS.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by GokuMK View Post
    But it is not complete. I looked there when you said that CB has at least 15 features that TSRE CE doesn't have. And on the list I can see only Testing + ENG/WAG value editing.
    WHO said the list I pointed to was COMPLETE! Christopher asked for a "
    quick list " not a complete list.

And BTW I told you that those 15 features did not include testing. Also you have added 2 so it is now just 13.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    Will Conbuilder be released as freeware at some point for continued use? It's a valuable tool for going forward with ORTS.

Robert
    That is up to Joe, BUT by the last sentence in his OP one would assume that his answer is "NO!"
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Going forward, after June 30, what will be the Get License Process, say if you need to install on a new machine, or have some other problem that requires a complete re-install of ConBuilder.(?)
    That is the key question and, so far, no definitive answer.
    - FTLDave

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." - Wernher von Braun

"A software suggestion is not a valid answer to a configuration/troubleshooting question." - Timelmer

The rolling stock testing was the biggest item of value that I found in my old copy of the final free version. But as more and more rolling stock on my installations get converted to Open Rails only and I delete the unnecessary MSTS components from ENG and WAG files, I would worry whether the testing routines of the latest pro version have kept up with these changes, or will it throw a ton of false positives into the error log telling me I'm missing things that only MSTS requires but are perfectly okay to be missing in ORTS-only world.

If the variances in required parameters are too many for one app to distinguish, then it's almost the case where you would need a separate product for ORTS users. One product serving both worlds may not be suitable anymore.