Thread: TSRE Ruler

Default TSRE Ruler

I'm trying to figure out the TSRE ruler, which is not mentioned in the manual.
    • I can only get a measured length by clicking on the first point, dragging, then clicking on the second point, but the line between the two points is not straight. How do I get a straight line between the two points? Or is the curve length not measured?
    • What's the difference between "Game Length" and "Geo Length"? Why are there 2 different lengths?

There is an option that says 'Only Two Point Ruler' or something like that. You have to place a ruler to select it, but once you do, your ruler will have straight lines.
    The two lengths help you compensate for skewing caused by the World projection in the game. Game length is distance in the sim, and Geo length is what the distance would actually be if the World were projected right. They can vary pretty widely depending on where you are

Thanks! I guess the skewing is the cause of rectangular buildings appearing as slanted parallelograms in the Geo tools Google maps.