Thread: Lost all the routes

Angry Lost all the routes

I have updated the open rails to the newest version just now. But it it was not manual, it was through the application, i.e. open rails updater. but suddenly after updating, I lost my 75% of routes and more than 80% of my consists and trainsets. I worked a lot to collect them up and forgot to backup. I got only 3 out of 11 routes in the folder called update dirty. pls. can someone help me. I also tried to restore the previous version of the folder. but no luck........ Can anyone pls help me?

Did you by chance have your MSTS content, routes ect, in the Open Rails folders? That's a huge no-no!
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Also, try doing windows system restore.
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

NO! i lost only my routes but I backed up my whole trains folder which saved me by 50-55%

What location were your ROUTES & TRAINS folders in before you updated OR?
    - Mark -

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Did you by chance have your MSTS content, routes ect, in the Open Rails folders? That's a huge no-no!
    I'm betting this is what happened. I once did an OR installation with all my routes in the CONTENT folder. Seemed logical at the time (and who reads the manual?). And of course it all vanished when an update of OR arrived and rewrote that folder. Knock on wooden head, and reinstall content where it belongs (under a MSTS folder hierarchy, even if MSTS itself isn't usable).

Quote Originally Posted by mikeebb View Post
    I'm betting this is what happened. I once did an OR installation with all my routes in the CONTENT folder. Seemed logical at the time (and who reads the manual?). And of course it all vanished when an update of OR arrived and rewrote that folder. Knock on wooden head, and reinstall content where it belongs (under a MSTS folder hierarchy, even if MSTS itself isn't usable).
    I myself have four MSTS folders and the entire game system on external back up. I do so much 3D content, route construction and misc, that if i lost it all I would run amuck in total madness.
    Rory