Thread: Transfer Files

Default Transfer Files

Hi,
    We are working on making Transfer files with RE and there is a question
    how to make the area to place the transfer, the edges dip below next terrain.
    Also make area rounded edges not square?

Arno

I don't think transfers can dip below the terrain unless there's a rendering error. As for smooth, rounded edges, you'll have to make the textures semi-transparent aound the edges, and I don't know how to do that

send me a pm
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Hi Arno,

They can and do dip below the terrain, usually along the edge of a blue tile line. About the only work around I've found is to add a second, smaller transfer on the "other side of the =blue tile line and keep adjusting it's size, location, and rotation until it fills in the missing transfer.

Paul :-)

Hi Paul,

I have lost my instruction how to do Transfer files in Paint.net to get any .ace files
    the curver or fainting edges?
    Is there any instruction for this ,5-6 months I made this request but don't know when and who
    gave me instructions do do this in Paint.net!

Paul Thanks!

Arno

I use transfers extensively to simulate the sub-ballast & ballast shoulders under mainline track.
    I didn't create the textures, but there are pairs of each type. One has semi-transparent,
    feathered edges on both side, but not the ends. The other also has feathered sermi-transparent
    areas on one end.

At a tile boundary, i.e. the blue line, I place the texture so the feathered end slightly overlaps the
    blue line from both directions. Then I switch to the one without the feathered end and continue.
    This essentially eliminates the transfer from dipping under the boundary. If you have my MCOA2
    route, you can see how this is done.

J. H. Sullivan