Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And another One Is (About To Be) Churned Out

Default And another One Is (About To Be) Churned Out

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/...9cd75-41717429

So... a cut down section of what was offered in RS/RW of what is probably the most boring German route they could have chosen.

Even at UKTS the pundits are starting to question DTG's sanity with one short, sanitized route release after another and not stepping outside their UK/USA/Germany safe zone.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/...9cd75-41717429

So... a cut down section of what was offered in RS/RW of what is probably the most boring German route they could have chosen.

Even at UKTS the pundits are starting to question DTG's sanity with one short, sanitized route release after another and not stepping outside their UK/USA/Germany safe zone.
    Makes you wonder if these clowns are a more stable company than we all seem to think.... They continue to produce these routes of trash for their new baby and geez, they have to be losing sales on this madness....... They must have other ventures that make enough money for them to keep a float or, they have a new toy of chuckles in the pipe that they think will make up for it all.

Well, they have FSX:SE and TS. Both platforms are relatively functional and require minimum year-to-year upkeep. I'd guess they're reliable cash cows.

Not to sustain a multi £million business. FSX is old code hanging by a thread, most people who want it already own it where it probably sits gathering virtual dust in the pile of unplayed or unplayable (on Win10) games. TS is now stagnation ware - no update this year and the odd bit of DLC is not going to keep things running for long.
    Vern.

Maybe The Putin™ and The Donald™ use The DTG™ as a shell company for "currency exchanges."

Quote Originally Posted by Erick_Cantu View Post
    Maybe The Putin™ and The Donald™ use The DTG™ as a shell company for "currency exchanges."
    And the Yo(u)ng-Un...
    Vern.

Could you imagine how amusing that would be, though? Imagine all of the world's wealthy elites laundering their money through a company that makes games for people who play with trains.

German players are disappointed, to say the least, over at their board.

With TSW:RT being such a sorry and lifeless piece of DLC, this truncated route will not pacify the players from the country of Maerklin and Fleischmann model railroad manufacturers.

Then there are the complicated German signalling and safety systems which DTG never really mastered to script properly.

We’ll have to wait and see if the initial price is tempting enough to sample this DLC.

And user beware... this is the developer which still hasn't got round to fixing the DEM import bug in their legacy product, where you try and import hi-res DEM across a line of latitude. Found that out trying to start a route project this afternoon. It was better when it was Kuju(nk), TBH!!
    Vern.

....I feel your frustration guys but y'all beginning to look like the traffic jam that occurs because folk just can't drive by an awful RTA.... If I were at DTG and even the sycophants on UKTS are beginning to consider that criticism might just be justifiable.... well I'm nought to do with DTG ......but if I was I'd be worried
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK