Thread: CBFX 6029 (xBN SD60M)

Default CBFX 6029 (xBN SD60M)

Hello,
    Would anyone be interested in taking a crack at this reskin on the SLI shape? I'd try, but would not have the skill to get the CIT logo applied, or know the correct fonts for the numbering and lettering.
    Was a great catch for me out at Dolton, Il. a couple of weeks back.

Thanks very much,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Email me the details Neil be glad to help you.

That sounds like a plan, thanks Michelle!
    Neil

Open Rails 2018-07-11 09-05-27 by ORTS Screenshots, on Flickr

Hi folks. I decided to have a try at making a couple of these units Neil was after and he mentioned he'd got a couple of PMs asking if he got them from anyone, was there any chance they would they be uploaded to the F/L. I'm happy to do that with these but there's a couple of areas I'm not happy with that I'm hoping to get some assistance with please.

I had to reduce the size of the CIT logo because the correct size of the logo is closer to the size of the red C and as you can see, at the correct size, that area of the texture is reused on the side of the steps. If it's possible and if anyone is willing to do it, I'm wondering if a FA can be created to go over the top of the step area so that I can use the correctly sized logo. If anyone can help, please send me a PM.

The rear number boards on 6027 are interesting, and trying to duplicate them with a 10pt font has been a bit disappointing as it's quite blurry. If anyone has any tips/tricks for getting a sharper finish with smaller size fonts, please speak up.

Open Rails 2018-07-11 09-06-19 by ORTS Screenshots, on Flickr

The vast majority of my train simming is done with UP locos and I haven't really got into the lease loco side of operations yet but I did have a go at converting a UP loco to HLCX 1003 a while back. If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll upload it when I do the green machines.

Thanks!
    Cheers!
    Pete

Thanks Pete. Very nice work to this point. Hope you get some bites for assistance.
    #1003, working hard for the Illinois Railway. I saw it in Rockford earlier in the year!
    Neil

Hi Pete,

I have had my share of blurry fonts and I have found no real try or true method to make them work. Since you are doing a split number boards that is even harder. You could try to bold the fonts, that is how I have had to get some to work for me. Not sure if it would work in this case. As for the FA I can try and get a ahold of Pete Abrams for you since he would know how to possibly do the FA. I am still in the baby stages of learning and I have a long way to go. But I have 2 people teaching me how, I'm just scared i am going to screw up so bad doing this.

But I love the work you did! top notch. save me some painting, and I have more than enough to paint.

I have a good mix of locomotives from different railroads. I am redoing the RI GP38-2 from the library replacing the original wheels with smooth. then I am redoing all my F45 and condensing the folders down to 1 major folder.

Thanks Michelle. Loss of fine detail is one of the frustrations of doing texturing but I've never had such an important area look so bad before. I tried bold with the different filter (if that's the right term) options like sharp, strong etc but none made much difference. Unfortunately the photo I found that showed the rear number boards on 6027 wasn't big enough to do a "reskin" with. I might just have to give it up and put a standard number board on like the one on 6029. Frustrating.
    Cheers!
    Pete

Pete,
    I had planned on doing those, as there were seen on the SLR. Not sure if they were leased on them for a bit or not. Regardless, glad to see you did them, I'd be willing to download once they are available!
    http://i.imgur.com/wcbfygM.png
    Conductor/Engineer at Vermont Rail System

I have that FA on my computer at home, will be a bit before I can get it though. It would probably require shifting in SFM to align to this shape, as it fits a SD40-2 now.

Thanks Shawn! I'll shoot Larry a PM about the FA (and thanks Larry!) and then get them uploaded ASAP.
    Cheers!
    Pete