Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxcars and more Boxcars.

Geez... having drawn this slogan now myself (from supplied photos thanks) ... I'm convinced it was drawn by the pointy haired boss on a napkin after a 5 whisky lunch break. It is soooo wrong.

http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter User
    formerly The Keystone Works
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Thought it was a music show...lol Nice job Pete!
    Dave Edwards

Very nice, Michelle. Made me happy to see! Do you want photos of FGE cars after the striping came off?
    Christopher

I'm considering Merging the MEC graphics with the FGE graphics into one font called "MECOLD" since neither flesh out the amount of glyphs I normally create.
    3D Canvas/Crafter User
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Quote Originally Posted by MsSheare View Post
    A lot of these cars take a long time to search for. Information is sketchy at best or completely missing. Book's like Dave has about various freight cars is a huge help and that boxcar makes it funny. The PC is one Railroad that just refuses to die. I recently found 2 3 bay hoppers still in PC green and the lettering just bleeding thru and it's now 2018 and the PC vanished in 1976.

When I do make up these cars I try my best to get things correct I found my blank FGE skin so now I can make up the cars I think after they are done and added to the set I will upload the whole thing as a massive file then start on the second set.
    AEX has a ton of these, ex PC cars, now in the salt service. Their days are now numbered, as this is where grain hoppers go to die.
    http://i.imgur.com/wcbfygM.png
    Conductor/Engineer at Vermont Rail System

The Solid Gold lettering always kinda reminded me of a piece of graffiti... But for some reason, I think it looks awesome. Don't ask me why.

Nice work by the way sir with regards to the logo.
    Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.

Quote Originally Posted by pwillard View Post
    I'm considering Merging the MEC graphics with the FGE graphics into one font called "MECOLD" since neither flesh out the amount of glyphs I normally create.

Can you Add the Solid Cold, Real Cold, and The Chiller to that, please?

Quote Originally Posted by CSRX View Post
    AEX has a ton of these, ex PC cars, now in the salt service. Their days are now numbered, as this is where grain hoppers go to die.

Can you when you have time try to take some pictures of those PC cars, please?

Hope everyone enjoys the new set I uploaded today. I am working on set 2 right now.

Already finished the artwork for those... Wrapping up the MECOLD font for upload tonight or tomorrow. Also the Rock Island/IAIS font has been updated to allow creation of the IAIS logo with yellow lettering but red outline. (which it could not do before)
    Last edited by pwillard; 07-13-2018 at 02:20 PM.
    3D Canvas/Crafter User
    In IRC at freenode #msts