Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: trainsimulations Milwaukee Road Trainset

There wasn't really much variety besides country-of-origin, some had Rockwell trucks, some had DoFasCo trucks, but they were built more or less to the same specs. The difference is the SD38/39/40/45 rode on Flexicoil trucks, which had been in use since the SD7, and the Dash-2 brethren used HT-C trucks, which would last through the SD60. The physical differences between the two truck styles is what necessitated the frame extension, as the HT-C had all three traction motors mounted in the same direction, whereas the Flexicoil did not. This is why the HT-C has the sideframe extension towards the rear of the truck.

Whatever cab they have is probably correct for the 40-2, but the early SD40 actually had a completely different control console, and the back wall and electrical cabinet is significantly different.

Thanks, that's an interesting bit of trivia there, Erick!
    Paul
    Virtual Groundskeeper

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    http://www.valleypass.com/Sales/WC.htm This set together with the reskins for BOTH MLT & SLI models in the file library means that probably more of the WC's loco inventory is covered in the Sim than any other railroad?

Remarkable considering that it was one of the shorter lived companies? ....of course none can beat Penn Central for that accolade?

Of course this side of the pond we have a fondness for the WC because they really helped bring back freight to the UK. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DB_Car...ottish_Railway

One of the reasons I always liked the livery both railways shared
    Na, if Train Simulations would make a WC set, they would BLOW them other sets right outta the water!!!! I would LOVE to see Train Simulations do a WC pack...

Quote Originally Posted by wcl View Post
    Na, if Train Simulations would make a WC set, they would BLOW them other sets right outta the water!!!! I would LOVE to see Train Simulations do a WC pack...
    I have to lean with Geoff on this. With all the great repaints of SLI and MLT engines, plus the great BLW set. I think the WC is well covered. Besides with all that is out there, it wouldn't make great business sense from TS's standpoint.

I mean, I would absolutely love to see them do a set of PRSL GP38's with duel cabs inside and a mix set of rolling stock of other roads & a hack or two. Would be great for the PRR-ER & Blue Comet routes & FOR ME. But practical from TS's standpoint of maybe doing some fallen flags? I wouldn't think so.

But I love to see them do more obscure fallen roads than just the basics (ATSF, BN, CR, SP etc).
    - Mark -

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    .......I mean, I would absolutely love to see them do a set of PRSL GP38's with duel cabs inside and a mix set of rolling stock of other roads & a hack or two. Would be great for the PRR-ER & Blue Comet routes & FOR ME. But practical from TS's standpoint of maybe doing some fallen flags? I wouldn't think so.
    Well even though I had to look the PRSL up, it straight away got my interest for several reasons.

1) As you point out there's a couple of routes for it! ....so many nice models have no decent prototypical route

2) It had an interesting mix of traffic Freight, Passenger and Railcars.

3) It had quite a few Baldwin locomotive's, a manufacturer used by many roads but with few current standard models for the Sim.

4) ....not that this is TrainSimulations area, it had steam.

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    But I love to see them do more obscure fallen roads than just the basics (ATSF, BN, CR, SP etc).
    I couldn't agree more. The history of amalgamations of railroads in the US meant that between the transition era/late 60's and the current big 4 there were some interesting groupings and (as it turned out) short lived but interesting liveries. To take just a couple that BLW has sets for from the 60's that went on to have striking liveries in later years before they merged out of existence there's the Reading and Boston & Maine?

Most of all though I hope TrainSimulations will look at the best available routes for Fallen Flags?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Since Jason is likely monitoring this thread, I will add my name to those who wish that a full GE Tier 4 set--both "original" and "whaleback" models be added to the wishlist. There are some freeware "original" models out there--and a big thanks due to those who produced them--but a full rendering of what's out there in the real world of Tier 4 would be nice. The EMD Tier 4's would be great, too. Thanks.

Thank you for Posting the DDS files!
    Semper Fidelis,
    The Gunny

Well I just keep seeing a lot of CN, CP, UP, CSX and Amtrak, and I figured that all the locos were pretty much all covered for all them RR's, why not throw in something new like a WC set or some fallen flag stuff....

A pack of Escanaba and Lake Superior stuff would be cool to see or even a SOO LINE pack at that

How about a great eastern fallen flag - Erie Lackawanna?
    http://rr-fallenflags.org/el/loco/el3615jsa.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wcl View Post
    Well I just keep seeing a lot of CN, CP, UP, CSX and Amtrak, and I figured that all the locos were pretty much all covered for all them RR's, why not throw in something new like a WC set or some fallen flag stuff....

A pack of Escanaba and Lake Superior stuff would be cool to see or even a SOO LINE pack at that
    ....well yes but Jj with ANY of the wishlists posted in this thread you have to ask "WHERE ARE THE ROUTES?!" I fail to see the point of producing stuff where no good quality routes exist

Even considering how much has been produced for all the Canadian Roads you have to ask where are the routes I always liked the earlier CN and CP stuff and bought the Shuswap Pass in MLT's recent sale. Frankly the route made the default Marias pass look good ....and that's a shame because as a route for the Sim it ticks all the right boxes.

The harsh reality is that the best routes produced for some time now have been freeware. BLW and SLI realised this and produced stock packs specifically for some of those routes but if I were producing Payware I'd be looking at all of the best routes available and producing stock for any road that ran those rails in specific era's.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK