Thread: N&W 2300 Gmax model inquiry.

Default N&W 2300 Gmax model inquiry.

Hello, and welcome.

As the thread title states, I would like to inquire about the seemingly mythical, (in that I never found the download), Gmax model of the Norfolk and Western #2300,"Jawn Henry".

I would like to take a crack at it, (with help from a friend), but I can't seem to find it.

Would anyone know what happened to the download for the unfinished model?

Please respond at your convenience.

hJ8MlK9.jpg

This is a picture of the model requested. It was built by a user by the title BlackHawk2000, I believe. Or a username to that effect.

If anyone can help me, I am very thankful.

The shape is on Elvas Tower in Gmax form.

Robert

Thank you for the information.

However, there unfortunately seems to be a problem with the site. Either that, or the administrators are asleep at the switch, as I've just today registered, and yet the site keeps telling me that I've no permission to search the site when I enter the name of the engine in the search box.

May I ask if you have any idea as to how long it takes to clear a new member on that site?

It can take a little while for clearance depending on how busy Dave Nelson is. Usually does not take more than a day. If your having problems please email the site owner and admin Dave Nelson.

Direct link to the source. http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...urce-material/

If that fails drop me a PM for further assistance.

The model you show in your picture is not the same as the one in the link above. I think the render your showing is the model by UK member PostalVote who I supplied hundreds of drawings for almost every loco imaginable at one point. His work was outstanding but he just disappeared from the community.

The old Brian model of 2300 is a lot cruder and needs a lot of work. It might be easier to just start from scratch from the various drawings and pictures on the web. Also both tenders need to be created from scratch as there is no source materials for them in the kit. 2300 had it's tender and always seemed to trail and aux water car like most N&W steamers.

Robert
    Last edited by NW 2156; 08-04-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Also note that registration on Elvas Tower does not automatically give access to the file libraries. There is a manual proof of being a real person step that gives access to the rest of the site including download libraries.
    Christopher