Thread: Google Sketchup plugin for Animation

Raiganj, Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal, India.

Default Google Sketchup plugin for Animation

Hi all, is there any plugin or any upgradation in existing plugin for exporting .s objects with animation?
    I made and locomotive design with animating properties but when I export that model to .s object, it loos the animating properties.
    Please help
    received_543662226030022.jpg

You can not do animations as Sketchup does not support keyframe animation. Hierarchy is also not present so basically you won't be able to add LOD also.
    I suggest to try Blender as the exporter work fine and is available at Elvas Tower.
    Blender is free unlike Sketchup.
    Blender models are efficient and friendly, you can have a look at Broad Gauge Production Facebook page for Blender made Indian Addons.

Raiganj, Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal, India.

Quote Originally Posted by peanutsQR View Post
    You can not do animations as Sketchup does not support keyframe animation. Hierarchy is also not present so basically you won't be able to add LOD also.
    I suggest to try Blender as the exporter work fine and is available at Elvas Tower.
    Blender is free unlike Sketchup.
    Blender models are efficient and friendly, you can have a look at Broad Gauge Production Facebook page for Blender made Indian Addons.
    I know Blender models are very realistic, But I have no idea about blender... It's very complicated for me..... can you suggest me any video or any tutorial to learn blender in easy way?

Made the move from TSM to Blender. Also believed Blender looked way too complicated, but after building a few simple models - house, buildings, it became less challenging. Very powerful piece of software. Youtube has 100s of tutorials - from the basics to the most advanced.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeeb_ir View Post
    any tutorial to learn blender in easy way?
    Try this one:
    http://doug56.net/02BlenderForTrainz/page107.html
    It's super easy and perfect for OR/MSTS.

Hierarchy is also not present so basically you won't be able to add LOD also.
    LODs are a pain in the a.. anyway. I doubt they save any memory, no matter whether RAM or VRAM, and they just look terrible. All models should be made without any LODs imho.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic164208_1.gif

Not true. Adding LOD's is soooo easy and does not require you to do anything WRT hierarchy.

Hierarchy and named parts is present -- you use groups to do it. The only iffy thing is getting the origin point where you want it with those groups. There is a plug in that solves that.

No animation tho.
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

Distance Levels are important. LODs less.