Thread: Schedule/Timing Ahead of Posted Schedule

Default Schedule/Timing Ahead of Posted Schedule

Hello, I am using OR X4185 and seem to have an issue with the Timing/Schedule of Station Stops. I first thought this might be isolated to Surfliner, but it is also appearing in NEC 4.0 in that when the train departs the first/starting station the schedule "Jumps" to the next station in that it now posts times related to a station ahead of the "Next" station.

This happens using either Player Control or Autopilot.

Anyone else had this happen? This is with Passenger Activities and the Station Window Displayed.

What ends up happening is the Activity Ends at the second to last station because of this timing confusion. The latest is with the two MARC Activities in the F/L but it also happens with other Passenger Activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    What ends up happening is the Activity Ends at the second to last station because of this timing confusion. The latest is with the two MARC Activities in the F/L but it also happens with other Passenger Activities.
    Hi Don, I went in and retested it again and I didn't get that problem you talk of. But I know what you are talking about. When I made the SEPTA activity that I uploaded just after the MARC ones I got that problem.

When I was making it, I originally had a stop at Claymont which is the last station before getting in Delaware. When I ran it the first time so I can see the station times to adjust them. I stop @ Claymont, then it would give me an arrive & depart + it would say I arrived at Wilmington ! I was like what the heck?

So I took out Claymont as a stop making Marcus Hook at the last one in Pennsylvania and the problem stopped. When I adjusted station times, it ran great. I was lucky because I found out that station was actually closed for a spell this past summer for platform maintenance.

I figured it was because of an old scripting problem somewhere that ORTS doesn't agree on.
    I guess time to rework my spare time priorities now.... - Mark -

Yes, and it seems to be somewhat random as to when it happens. I have rerun a couple of affected activities in Surfliner and it did not show up, then next activity it showed up again.

I agree that it is something the Experimental OR is/isn't picking up. It only started the last couple of Experimental Versions, three I think including this one, X4185.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** *****

BTW, great Activities! The plethora of active trains at the DC Terminal is fantastic!
    I had to substitute other trains for the Circus Train (Military Move) as well as the Trash Train (TT-Trash Cars) which I already have on hand. Also I used the MARC Locos & Bi-Levels from the F/L, I am a senior living on Pension but I did purchase the SEPTA Set from Tiger-Trains.
    I am looking forward to more Activities for NEC 4.0, if you have the time.

Thanks Don. I am going to run those acts again later, along using an older machine of mine that has a 3 month older version of OR and see what happens. I think you may have a valid point with it being with a newer experimental version.

And thank on the activities. I had so many in the works that I never finished between leg surgeries. I have a few more for the SEPTA set I just have to finish some of the traffic on. They are for the NEC v4.0 & PRR-ER.

I have a few more MARC ones too that need just a few touches ( And like you, I love lots of traffic at a terminal or main station ). Plus a few for the BLW/ZT PRSL RDC set. Those I use the PRR-ER & The Blue Comet Lines route for.

One that I have almost complete is another Circus Train (Like you said, you can change stock out) run for the Seaboard Air Line Route V2.0 that is available on the Skyline Computing website ( http://www.skylinecomputing.com ). The original was always one of my favorite routes from the D/L and the updated version is fantastic. Has such a real feel of Florida plus mega detail that doesn't bog even a lower grade machine. The route is hardly talked about but it has always been in my Top 5.

Here is a few shots from running it earlier:

I don't know if this is related but one thing I have observed is that if the route is single track and there is a siding by the station the player train may go to the siding if there is approaching traffic. If the siding does not have a station indicator the station stop will disappear when the path switches to the alternate path.

Basil

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    Yes, and it seems to be somewhat random as to when it happens. I have rerun a couple of affected activities in Surfliner and it did not show up, then next activity it showed up again.

I agree that it is something the Experimental OR is/isn't picking up. It only started the last couple of Experimental Versions, three I think including this one, X4185.
    Actual (>= x.4202) experimental releases of OR should have gotten rid of this recently introduced problem. A confirmation by your side would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by csantucci View Post
    Actual (>= x.4202) experimental releases of OR should have gotten rid of this recently introduced problem. A confirmation by your side would be welcome.
    I did rerun the activity I made for the NEC V4.0 that did that and yes, version 4202 did stop it from doing that. Thanks for the head's up !

Well it looks like another small issue has been solved with Open Rails! Well done OR Team.

It just gets better and better, I guess this type of feedback helps.