Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: DW's Registration Code

So if you're not part of the club and excluded from the latest and greatest then perhaps it's not surprising that piracy occurs. You can't trust this stuff to everyone, it's all over the place. The genie is out of the bottle. So it seems he's content to step over a dollar to save a dime.
    Only you can stop Fred Flintstone wheels

Well we're no nearer Helping wcl with his original post requesting help.

It would seem that a certain % of the members "get" the problem and see the offence Scott has caused some of his legitimate customers? .....whilst others have taken an "I'm all right Jack" stance OR many are obviously quite happy to download the Pirated stuff

Until Scott learns to communicate the thread is YET AGAIN achieving nothing other than split the community. Seems like a repeat of the UKTS debacle all those years ago? (my post #36 in this thread) If you didn't read that see how THAT ended.

Quote Originally Posted by dpabrams View Post
    So if you're not part of the club and excluded from the latest and greatest then perhaps it's not surprising that piracy occurs. You can't trust this stuff to everyone, it's all over the place. The genie is out of the bottle. So it seems he's content to step over a dollar to save a dime.
    ....so at least this gives me a smile ...not heard that one before. The Brit equivalent is "Penny wise, pound foolish"

I'm out of here and going to look up the thread by a guy building some new U-boats.......
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Let's just say, if your not his mother, father, son, daughter, aunt, uncle, Grandma, Grandpa, cousin, or anyone else, you won't be getting into his so called little club.

Man all these insults some of yall are doing ain't going to get yall anywhere faster.

Quote Originally Posted by geekman View Post
    I’m pretty sure that this post is going to pi$$ off a lot of you. In fact, I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if Dave removed it, but I been quiet up to now and it’s time I spoke up.

Yes, I am one of what you refer to as Scott’s “Elite Club”. He and I have communicated over the years and I consider him not only to be an on-line friend, but also an honest and dedicated business man. I have never tried to take advantage of him and he has never been anything but straight forward and honest with me.

What all of you seem to forget here is that Scott owns DieselsWest. It’s his company and he can do whatever he damn well wants to, for whatever reasons he has. And all this “Scott Bashing” you are doing isn’t going to get him to change his business practices. Yes, he does visit here, and yes, he is fully aware of your opinions and frustration. But all your bitching and complaining isn’t going to change his mind.

You see, and maybe you really don’t, is that a large number of you who are moaning are doing exactly the very same thing you are accusing him of. There’s a ton of new content out there, repaints and new equipment. I know – I see it regularly in the photos sections. Yet almost none of it ever shows up in the library. Why? Well, you keep it to yourself, or just share it with your close group of friends. Why is that: You don’t like pirates.

So let me clue you into something: Scott doesn’t like pirates either, so he, like you, only shares his creations with his close group of friends. Now, how do you like being on the receiving end? Now you know how I feel when I see all this new stuff that you won’t upload because you don’t like people ripping you off. Sound familiar?

I’m tired of you pi$$ing and moaning about Scott not sharing. To me, all it says is that you are a bunch of hypocrites. You don’t share but yet your mad because he doesn’t either. Well, I got news for you – he does share – to people he knows he can trust. And if the shoe fits – well……
    Here, here, Larry! Very well put. I couldn't agree more!

Everyone here knows, whether they admit to it or not, that there are various cliques on here that privately share repaints, new or modified/upgraded models, etc., then post them in the screenshot thread. Then people ask "hey where did you get that?" it's "oh, its a private repaint, or so and so sent it to me, not going to share, etc" and nonsense like that. That in and of itself is fine, but don't bellyache when others engage in it, or others still are among the beneficiaries.

Am I in Scott's "elite" club? Yes, and happy to be, and I will brag about it 'till the cows come home, since this is apparently *STILL* a hot topic for some. I've purchased just about everything Scott has released since 2012, inclusive of some of his older stuff. He makes some of the best models out there, so I supported his business by purchasing his stuff. He has always treated me fairly, we have communicated from time to time on various railroad related things, and he has always communicated promptly with me. I have been a loyal customer, and have always been treated accordingly.

At the end of the day, Geoff, you say the following: Lets be clear about Diesels West contribution to the hobby.
    1) They never released a route.
    2) In the history of US motive power they cover a fairly short "era" or time span.
    3) They cover a limited number of manufacturers locomotives
    4) Even before their current stance they offered some excellent "bonuses" BUT only after you'd purchased around $100 worth of packs and often then they all had to be for one road. (I'm reading from the site I CAN SEE ...so don't tell me that's not true "in the club)

....as well as this: My personal area of interest is the Transition/dieselisation era.

For someone who's era of interest doesn't quite square with Scott's motive power offerings, you're awfully vocal in your complaints about how Scott is handling his business.

As to your specific gripes:
    1.) Neither has BLW, so what of it? I don't think less of them or their product because they haven't released a route.
    2.) The era of motive power Scott offers doesn't quite square with your interests, so what's it to you that you're not in the "club"?
    3.) SLI only offers GE and EMD models as well, so what's your point? Even then, the vast majority of "new releases" tend to be repaints of older models offered with new or different freight cars. Scott at least offers a couple of well done ALCO models - the PC and CNW C628s come to mind and he tends not to rehash the same models over and over again. How many sets has SLI/TS released that have a SD70ACe or ES44? Quite a few.
    4.) Actually the special additions are included with the purchase now, or readily available on other sections of the members portal. No spending requirement, other than having purchased the pack with which the special additions are associated.

So all of you who are bellyaching, rest assured it will likely get you nowhere. Y'all have been griping about Scott for many years "he doesn't run sales" "I'm not in his club" and so on. At the end of the day guys, it's Scott's business to run as he sees fit. I hope he does lurk on here (which, IIRC, he mentioned to me that he does) to see what I consider to be nothing more than jealously manifesting itself among those not "in the club." Personally, I would derive a degree of satisfaction from it. Can't speak for Scott.

Speaking of being "in the club," I think I will go ahead and purchase the UP C30-7s and upgraded SD50...since I already have the C36-7 which is an excellent model, BTW....

I had the opportunity to actually get an email back from whoever was running the emails for him...And this is what I got back:

Mine:
    Good morning, I was wondering where could one obtain this code to purchase stuff off your website?? I have been seeing all sorts of new stuff from other people, but your new stuff is not on the regular DW website....
    Thank You

Theirs:
    here ya go jeffie..just copy the code into window and start making purchases
    0‚*†H†÷ ‚ 0‚10 `†He 0‚K +‚7‚<0‚80 +‚7=
    150929205147Z0+‚7= ‚ 0‚07 +‚7=(~Mwĵ¯Ç¬ôhóMN ¡ìô-ð¨{+6Uí+ 0‡ +‚7=xôáV\?ï6ÏÕ5Á4m "+MiÖ_&`]еx ‡>¾M‘Æ”­;ùÉ "g†öœ»¿ÉYU-6ˆm * 5GšûÏ„U¹2üh¤£ yV4a~¨|݇°[Þ 0K +‚7=<á…¡¤‹/ó¶Aéß:˜ NõVÉ0 úîè“)T¦0 ¶Š"öl3Y©Å#¡úg( 0ð +‚7=à=õˆ;YúỄòãµÆ´@TIÌ ´¹©ä(÷UgIô© «¤vŸØžø¢ŒÅZRß•ïÔ‰"ÉsÜ%:‘F® ï éðcŽP \ž[Ÿéô¥a¯˜_C*
    ÎO|l禥a¯˜_C*ÎO|l禩Àa7"ð­b€kj Š©Àa7"ð­b€kjŠ¶mxÆx÷ üÖé@*Aÿ±¹Ûî>Ž[^÷
    OìˆÂbÕ46È @°§±¦Ù2žê¾q”§#ãç¥ÖèËö-+¼Fÿ'ýÉ9‘ ‚)0‚0‚ü 3 !Ç—Òo)Ç !0*†H†÷01 0 UUS10U
    150818171757Z161118171757Z01 0 UUS10U10U  10U1 0
    U AOC1)0'URevoke0‚"0*†H†÷‚ £ãwåD´yÈÂ'¢ÒMïF ɝ〡ȯûQzÜÅðj‰Œo©¥ÖÆ÷Žù¶ ?­†Óÿî¾b‘ÂmvyÜ.±^ÜÜ?ØÏŠ 9·ðwXL<%ãä;'E9ã—ÅeƒRr#Äý»ùØvÓŽ Íä’^/ê ¥#þ]€‘ý˜›mÂUKNqp†ªt%õ¾Žâò,´uÇ ½@‡œQöùØ_øâÀ|%ðiA %\¹cÍ<ë(L³L‚,C¸¿ p¤0&j¯\J•tö}”+СuX JžˆqÔÏ &…ñó[[T©-ó^±ª{œˆ5L4ÕŠÄ´>ŒJ)œI¶û2é £‚u0‚q0U%0 
    +‚70U¨ ÊsŽs¨$íÝV^ƒè U†0PUI0G¤E0C1 0
    U AOC1301U*38138+1df1138b-b256-41f0-b413-8a5b1556a8400U#0€Að!Çíćúƒuÿ
    Ü-ì¨j«Y0YUR0P0N L J†Hcrl./pki/MicCerLisCA2011_2011-03-29.crl0]+ Q0O0M+ 0†A/pk/cert/MicCerLisCA2011_2011-03-29.crt0 Uÿ0 0*†H†÷
    ‚ +€‹àÜ8|Uœ?=7›±:f°a«ÜƒèËÝ£jÇ ”ôM蟖” ‰œMÉ4Ñ”þ±m÷ª€w·pUó MÒ-…>ýt¨¥?¤!¯Ó‹Ñ=ÞI#VÀ«Ã_ö;rU{è «›rO“[SV]° …¥)š‡oHvYÝtFN¾[L‹ü´Y·¼Ã9 ©êÍ\û¹qþÍEÌ=4 zBÊ-}¶‹šâ̘½ –ÏYÙo«¦ìÈÍ‹P`™cà›ÆýRdi™è;a ôFRü Í·í®`j]ε[(SçŒèñÃ劔† »_ô‰M¼I'‚å*¸yÌ‘·'D¨ÌùV×nÆ ‚Ï +f*“V·âÁÖÏHÃFღd‚y€Nt³Aê·~û :
    !· Ä8?p‡Ô.ؼ®7sàAÝJ†®éà ÜϯÂæîØÈo4ŠŠ!0Ѥ#_©úç>ÃR²çP ²Wô«ÃdÉÕš=÷î4Ï©jyËÒŸrÖøF´ ¿Ó¨@–§'FìD{;íœnQdÅÕg§_)I%·¥ÖßH% Õé+}XÚêð¿#Ñ.¥ØªT¸&ŠÐàÑN ßñ”W¬ÖæŸ/ê†ýk^Ø)Í Grmüߧ¦GÞ PPé
    B‘/c†Oéví pZÿ$èmf0‚ 0‚õ al’ 0*†H†÷0ˆ1 0 UUS10U20100110329185839Z2603291908 39Z01 0UUS10U
    20110‚"0*†H†÷‚ 0‚‚ ¸„z€ýM'§Òï‚6ñS¾BmŽ1GËͳƒKN3 .|ÝrÎü<Ë/4…8<hm`QRM¬Úm+~³sG«ÒÜ•qJ1Z¡«‚& E-Œè„x½ ð
    Æõ®&‡VŽU<02””"“ ¥°Æ]æ-9ÍéÇ®èØIqI«‘t¸O/G³?Гƒ\ÞK¸²<7é“êr[˜Çã¬àæ~JÁ,ý"vsáhÜ ÀóFÍ#&ÈE"ÊǼtü‰ÿWàϽŽ°+ï&Öw«ô gAñ^ qª^À‚ª ‹ì‰ˆAõBiÙEÙW>–JÕ2·Ña&hÇÁ± àzNµm‚à.¶çdŸ}•*†2Ð!È]øË0¹˜l³“kȃg!]Öe˜ dÝË¿G›ÿúñÞ§xÍ{†~'Š·•œ&ݱ üOà@ ƒhÝì3ò* §ë‘ú¬QAˆñŇAL‡GbXÀž»}ÞÓŸý Áǽ˜ÐW›áãlWáe_ðÜ+œ¡TÂV*d˪Nä ÃèwˆÿÛ
    ¯Ÿ×h/”á¯ÆäÆvÛuÚßÐLò‰6oH€XÝ (+U¬“#åŽ1e­Ž“Óq§˜é¬ªXî×DC0m ºÂõHÄå ŽUŽ´ ÀÝFõþFµ: ˆ#µðÊAÍ;
    ÆöÊ@ê›åˆ6Ÿ £‚|0‚x0 +‚7 0UAð!ÇíćúƒuÿÜ-ì¨j«Y0 +‚7 S u b C A0 U†0Uÿ0ÿ0U#0€Õ Vˏè¢\bhÑ=”[×ΚÄ0VUO0M0K I G†Ecrl.RooCerAut_2010-06-23.crl0Z+ N0L0J+ 0†/pki/certs/RooCerAut_2010-06-23.crt07U%00.+ +‚70*†H†÷
      ‚ ‚÷©¥³¿åÈYA'4bœAð«+}ù§¨È¨]C¾­ò™øÿûöyPD PêB۝é¥Iy()>@6tۏ ̍-QÜ+A6|¶Ð@› 7Lih±‚–;iuÇå4Ø>ÜZ «Ó¿©¯ÄoãGÆ2ï%é U”ï‡Òá!Þ7Ï®¦4]#)mmçÝD0ytŒÁù>ù­0k£´jtI9[7-î)Ý®J/ù‚¯Hšœ=%1Vê:§M·ý‹?þ¿w6‹Uå³Pî TÔ¿kØ*ò3x.¿1ù6ï0 ùLCƒã[©\[¦v¸ðuOé¸6D¦fÐKUt.''å&Bƒn»¤ï{ùä˜ ½Õ;‰ÓX’¸ÑÍ9~f%
    ÛƒY¿W›Òér']k3Ñþ¢’LQ=ÆÌ”:VÿëA.Ý’SÍñ6ëÛ5 Ù‘¶™`à ¬g DœGË·F–Iß±­­H6á-?»Zà”Ô—’é>æë%Ë3ñß“`¦¹Vö(é BÇ[¦.¹Û©d׎å3ҝC‚Kn7f¹gWTZHãŠûí&¼ 4ÒG…a*#±àTŠPV…Àÿ-÷i™D}ôM|á î fRJzb¤å‹Ï…¢†Šq±}ÖÓQÚ\çÌÖv ¨®O“µdɽíÜû1‚o0‚k0™01 0 UUS10UWash10U  Red !Ç—Òo)Ç !0`†He §0 *†H†÷1  +‚70/ *†H†÷ 1" ‰° …KuÀ@Ãâô“ÔS÷+5È Ñ¾_ÈËõ†0Z+‚7 1L0J ,€* ¡€0*†H†÷‚ 9Æðx„T l{­ß÷gÚWLN»œŠõЭࡰŒbY€xÕ< ¾ˆ¥|çÂ-³J-ôbêø¿[$qÍ
    ·ÂÂWb›óè¿”sØ7•§6;9æíºRC :|àI‹ä)’êVå• ±ëËÆÜï°8»¥”÷’+…^fm~^}+Ì>hñ ݽwu秏ó™5ÛNTX”’DLEk<•aÿ—’ ´ò²L‰ïæÊJê†4WFyvÁø2ˆØ̓ÕF Œ2¸O7…ÐÙS¢³m“ Y¸èß!ÉÝŸ{RíNnÛ1eGR%ð³¹¾b‹òÛ[E^U‰>û¢-

Mine:
    So is their a reason why I can't get a registration code for making purchases?

Theirs:
    Your problem is you don't exist in our database, going back to 2003. I'm sure you have history on the trainsim forum, but that user info is either false or unverifiable.

Mine:
    I have no clue on what you are talking about. 15 years ago?? Why would it matter if one was able to buy stuff from that site now anyway?? I don't understand what the issue is here??

Theirs:
    The members at the 24/7 site are there because they have purchased many things, for many years. DW 24/7 is a repository of downloads which accompany those products.

There is NO advertising anywhere for DW 24/7. It is not a commercial enterprise on the internet.

If you are looking for something specific, there are more than enough freeware developers on trainsim capable of creating it for you. It may even be in the download library.

Mine:
    So your saying that people that are not in your "so many years club" that some new people can't even be allowed to your site? That makes no sense as what if you get a young generation of a member, and wants to become a member, he or she can't cause they were not palying the sim long enough??

I for one has ran that sim since it ever came out, and I pretty much have a good chunk of your content, so I don't see where I go wrong on being allowed to access your page and purchase some of your newer work.

In my opinion, DWs work is by far the best out there and why I continue to be able to be allowed on that site and purchase more stuff to add to the collection.

And that was all I got back

That whole post is just bizarre wcl..... DW24/7??? First time I recall anyone has even mentioned it in all the posts about DW spanning 2-3 years on this forum or the 2 others I look at..... Anyone else ever heard of got a email from DW about DW24/7??

The database thing seems strange as well. I think you touched on that wcl. If I'm understanding this correctly from what I just read, if one is a new customer, new to the sim community, we are lead to believe one can't buy anything from DW?? I really wonder about that one..... Has this been the case since 2003? That was long before I was even fooling around with MSTS which was 2010. I had no issues ordering from DW at the time and I had not been a member on here very long as well if DW is using that as part of verification.

If DW24/7 is indeed based on having a long, extensive purchase history, safe to say many of us, weather we are having issues with DW/Scott or not, should have no problems accessing the members site or ordering from the regular site which clearly is not the case for many of us.

Now, and not pointing fingers here, the fact you're not in their database and as you claim, you have made many purchases over the years is puzzling. Something like that would make Scott suspicious. But we don't know the entire story from both your side as well as Scotts side so for me AND the rest of us, there should not be any harsh judgment on this either way.

Quote Originally Posted by kknobl View Post
    Speaking of being "in the club," I think I will go ahead and purchase the UP C30-7s and upgraded SD50...since I already have the C36-7 which is an excellent model, BTW....
    Fair if you like what he has, but gloating to the people outside of the personality cult just makes you a jerk. Consider yourself on my ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick_Cantu View Post
    Fair if you like what he has, but gloating to the people outside of the personality cult just makes you a jerk. Consider yourself on my ignore list.