Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: DW's Registration Code

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Bit confused here
    Stay in your end of the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Also trying to get a thread closed just because you don't agree with the sentiments.

The thread needs to be closed because some participants are on their third trip around the block with the same old argument and nothing new is being added

Oh, and to whoever keeps throwing those stupid facebook photo memes around here should know this place isn't facebook.

It only needs to be closed in your eyes, the majority thinks not.

The last time i looked there were not any restrictions on how many times a member could contribute, to the same thread.

As far as stay in my own end of the pool goes, whatever that means. I was a member on this forum originally a lot longer than you buddy.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Um, WHY close this thread? It's the only form of entertainment we get around here anymore! While this one keeps cranking right along, the rest are dry and boring!

Sorry guys I peed in the pool I couldn't make it to the bathroom

Ok guys, some of the recent posts are really unrelated to the problem. These kind of posts might just cause it to be locked down like some wish it to be.

I guess the bottom line is simply this: Scott IS a very good modeler for MSTS / OR. It's a damn shame he can't be that way as a person. If he want's to sell any volume at all regarding payware, he had better either change his tune, or give it up!

Quote Originally Posted by trainman_47 View Post
    I guess the bottom line is simply this: Scott IS a very good modeler for MSTS / OR. It's a damn shame he can't be that way as a person. If he want's to sell any volume at all regarding payware, he had better either change his tune, or give it up!

He gave it up a long time ago, and now we just get the shaft on all his work!!! He left us hanging out to dry

JMOFWIW
    My life has taught me that what you experience in the world and see in others is most often a reflection of your own inner reality.
    I have encountered a really good group of helpful, generous, courteous people on all the train forums and boards and (importantly for the point of this thread- which has wandered into the weeds) also from the payware folks...while at the same time always encountering posts from another group of folks that are dissatisfied with something or other, attracted to dissension and disagreement (mostly self-serving).
    The interesting part is that if you cross-reference these folks to the offerings in the library -- their names are often suspiciously absent. Curious, ain't it.
    One of the main reasons the OR Open Source project has gotten off the ground and made such serious strides in development and improvement is due to the co-operation of a large number of like minded folks interested in the hobby.
    To be sure there are differences and disagreements, but they are sorted out in a way quite different to the tone of this discussion.
    Best Regards to all, Gerry

...and by the way, if you're thirsting for "reality show" entertainment...you're already privileged to be in the greatest reality show you're ever going to participate in...just listen to that heart beat.

My new motto: When humans learned to rise up on their hind legs, it immediately went to their heads.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 09-15-2018 at 03:04 PM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    The thread needs to be closed because some participants are on their third trip around the block with the same old argument and nothing new is being added.
    Like anything on the internet, if you don't want to read it, you are free to scroll on. No one is forcing you to read it.

I am enjoying reading other peoples stories of how Scott is doing himself out of money, as I was also a subject of his paranoia, and as a result, he lost a customer.

Yep, it's his business, and he can run it how he wants.

Steve

I said years ago all this hoarding would ruin the community. Private collection and modified were words that became infuriating to me in the screenshot section but what can you do, right?

Scott has always run a pretty closed shop even when you could actually purchase his stuff without a super secret password. He had a strict repaint policy; he had to approve and they were to be hosted only on HIS site, which is fine I guess but always felt that limited sales as he didn't provide the variety of roads nor had the active release schedule of BLW who also have a limited repaint policy in play.

Scott, at one point, was one of the sacred cows around these parts and any criticism of him and DW was met with stiff pushback. My how times have changed. And while I think his little club is stupid (pirates will always get the desired items) he does have the right to run his business as stupidly and pigheaded as he wishes. Also, many people here do operate in the same manner, as has been pointed out. You know why there is so much Indian stuff to throw tantrums about? Because they are still in that phase of community where there is no issue sharing with the general public. The American community is only sharing with their buddies, often for other rare or forbidden fruit, and the library sits devoid of new content besides a release or two here or there. Such is life.

I think the last gasp for this simulator (on the American side) will be the Mullans Pass route (if it is still being released) as it seems to be the last significant project of note being worked on and close to completion. At that point everyone will play with the trains they have, trade exclusives, and download whatever tweaks are made to OR. My advice if you want an active, healthy and generous community you best become interested in India Rail.