Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Don Karch's multiple Railroad route - Colorado

Hi Jerry.

Thank you so much for putting forth the sizeable effort to complete Don's project.

FYI: Don did all the track work in the portion you're working on. I only supplied various aids as needed.
    Andre Ming
    V Scale Creations.com R.I.P

Andre,

It is going very nicely. I've detailed from Parlin(D&RGW) east over the pass to Pocono, and the
    Monarch Quarry branch from the Quarry to Poncha Jct. Don had Poncha Springs in the right
    place, but he had the wye, Poncha Jct. about 1/2 mile too far east. I did fix that. He also
    had an extra siding between Poncha Jct. and Maysville but I could not find any reference to
    such in the considerable D&RG(W) history material that I have, so I removed it. Now I have
    gone back to Pocono and started detailing further east & down the pass. I added a spur
    up Silver Creek which existed until around 1920 and accessed a ore processing plant.

landnrailroader, are you going to upload the section you did (i.e. Gunnison - Poncha Jct. etc) to the file library? Just wondering.

With regards,

Ryan

Colleagues,

When I have completed my addition to the route, it will be essentially final. Some future person might want to
    extend the San Luis Valley line to Alamosa and someone might want to make the main line through Salida,
    dual gauge. Now in direct answer to the your question, Ryan, I won't be uploading a fix, or a addition, but
    the entire route, just as Don has done in the past. When I do that, I will ask Nels to, at his discretion, remove
    older versions of it. Since it got to me, through Andre Ming, I believe I should also send a copy to Andre
    first to see if he believes anything needs fixing, or if he wants to upload it himself. Regardless what gets to
    the library will be a complete copy. Compressed it is around 900MBT, but that is before removing the
    buffers etc. Installed it is around 1.4Gbt.

Landnrailroader
    (J. H. Sullivan)

Is there a release date for the route?

With Regards,

Ryan