Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: API key for TSRE

Just a thought here...Maybe a long shot. Would a API from some outfit beside Google work or does the API have to be one from Google?

Quote Originally Posted by MSTS lifer View Post
    If ANYONE has recently got a API from Google WITHOUT having to either outright pay, or make some sort of other financial arrangements for payments (Got it for free like it used to be) please explain how you did that.
    I would like to know as well. I know some use it daily and get error free images. Being stuck with old editor is fine for me for now but I use to use TSRE extensively laying roads and new track layouts because of the map overlay.
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

The strange thing is, I briefly fired up the Railworks (TS2019) editor the other day and the Google Maps overlay still works fine under my old API. Not much consolation for the TSRE situation but does seem to indicate enforcement from Google is somewhat erratic. And no, they haven't got my debit card details!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    And no, they haven't got my debit card details!
    ...yet... They'll probably come for you when they figure it out

Good news. ( For some not so good ... )

New version of TSRE with HTTPS support for OSM is coming soon.

I don't have new SSD yet, so I decided to remove 32 bit tools for building TSRE. Using this solution I've got additional 15 GB of disk space and was able to build new QT with OpenSSL support. After 3 day fight I managed to build newest QT 5.12.beta with OpenSSL.

It is huge update from previous 5.7 used in TSRE, so I have to fix some bugs that emerged.
    For example I have to do something with DDS texture loading:

Note: For security reasons, the Direct Draw Surface (DDS) handler is not built by default since Qt 5.8. Users who still want this handler can build it from the source project.

So, the problem changed from "No HTTPS TSRE until I buy new SSD" to "No 32 bit TSRE until I buy new SSD".
    Last edited by GokuMK; 10-18-2018 at 07:22 AM.

I am unfamiliar with OSM, can you see sidings and yards with this?
    Todd

Here you can see what railway infrastructure is visible in OSM:
    https://www.openrailwaymap.org/

And here you can see everything else:
    https://www.openstreetmap.org

There are areas where the data quality is overwhelming, but for some rural areas there might be low quality data.
    In this case you must use OSM editor to make the map better (using one of many available satellite image layers) and then use the data in TSRE.

I’m liking OSM, any suggestions as far as old sidings that were in place 10+ years ago? I see map has some data for that but some that were taken out two years ago arnt in.
    Todd

Good stuff GokuMK, thanks for the links.

Mike.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Hi GokuMK,
    Many thanks for those links, particularly www.openrailwaymap.org

Will they be downloadable on to routes being created in TSRE5 to provide the line of the track? Are the satellite image layers available from other than Google?

Cheers,
    Ged