Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TS2019 Announcement

Actually I did notice the sounds were much better, particularly the passing trains. Suspect 64 bit frees up more memory for the onboard sound chip, which is what most of us use these days. And while the judder was still there on reflection probably less severe or noticeable than before.

Looks like a win for DTG then, as opposed to N3V where issues with "faulty" textures in TRS2019 are now being blamed - in classic style - on the content creators.
    Vern.

Ran the same session in both versions and there was stuttering in the 32bit and not the 64bit.

Harold

With all it's faults, give me 64x TS2019 over 64x TRS19 any day for the driving experience.

At least with the DTG game 99% of the addons have the correct cabview and half decent sounds.

Particularly from third party payware developers.

Mike.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Glad to see a x64 version.
    This year brings good luck to DTG - a x64 bit RailWorks and TSW tools in near future.
    Suddenly all those people vanished who bashed on DTG some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalRailways View Post
    ....Suddenly all those people vanished who bashed on DTG some time ago.
    No, suddenly they haven't vanished: We are sitting quietly in the corner waiting to read other's reactions to 64-bit.
    Don't leap to conclusions.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Well, I really can't discern any difference between the two versions.
    (I am assuming that I am actually running the 64-bit version. Clicking the "Railworks64.exe" file, dated October 12th., is what I am doing to fire it up).

Frame rates don't appear to have increased; depending upon the complexity of the scene, they have always been anywhere between 70 and 90 fps and I'm perfectly happy with those figures.
    I have just been running a Scenario in the Rhur-Seig route and it was comfortable at 60-80 fps.

I can't hear any difference in the sounds, irrespective of what route or locomotive I use.

Oh well....it was a painless update and cost nothing so I'm not complaining one way or the other!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Sounds are deffo more dynamic for me Bruce.

Plus i have a discernable increase in fps.

Game should also have more stability running as 64x.

Where there is an increase in AI traffic in a scenario.

Mike.

One very slight niggle. If you extract a shortcut from the 64 bit launcher to the desktop, this does not automatically log into Steam, throwing up a warning that you need to log in separately (unless of course you have Steam set to run on start up).
    Vern.

I have Steam to start with windoze Vern, but in offline mode.

I ran a good 50 miles of the merged WCML North & WCML Over Shap route earlier.

192 miles end to end, not a stutter in sight buddy, very impressed with 64x.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    One very slight niggle. If you extract a shortcut from the 64 bit launcher to the desktop, this does not automatically log into Steam, throwing up a warning that you need to log in separately (unless of course you have Steam set to run on start up).
    One of the Americans on their forum noticed something, which I will copy and paste on here to save me typing it all out again.........lol

''it all comes down to the Steam Client allowing for placement of a shortcut on the desktop, which I did years ago, but it's only for the 32-bit version; there is currently no similar option to do the same for the x64 bit version, which must be done using the exe in the root folder. The problem seems to be, the 32-bit shortcut offered by the Steam Client uses a url as it's target, while the user-created x64 bit shortcut targets the RailWorksx64.exe directly. So in off-line mode, the Steam client will recognize the url-based shortcut but not the exe-based shortcut, telling us we must login to Steam. So that's why the url-based 32-bit version has to be started first, to bring up the client; then we can exit and start the x64 bit shortcut with no issues. So until the on-line Steam client offers to create a shortcut for the x64 bit version, this seems to be the best work-around to run x64 bit in off-line mode.''

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.