Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TS2019 Announcement

Default TS2019 Announcement

Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

64 reasons?

The boss said "Because it is 64-bit, let's come up with 64 reasons for people to buy TS2019!"

.....and they started with four routes which are currently available!

I wonder what the next 60 will include.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Hahahahahahaha, sounds logical to me Cpt Kirk.

interested in x64 only and notin their 64 reasons.

I don't like the way DTG describe these English route locations as towns all the time in their marketing blurb, they did it with Brighton and now Portsmouth, and they wonder why customers laugh at them........

I've just seen this notification from ChrisTrains on the German website, which is interesting -

TS2019 comes out in two weeks time. Some beta testers have made me aware that the change to 64bit is breaking a lot of the script files, including my license protection and potentially the LUA scripts for things like ATB and ETCS. I will try to get new installers and patches ready before release, but please be aware that there is a very good chance that ChrisTrains products will not work with TS2019 on release day.

I wonder what else may blight us end-users/customers with this new version, cracks in the woodwork already, and only another 2 weeks until D-Day......

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 09-29-2018 at 07:47 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Out now.
    I hope you all firing your gameplay at Maximum settings!!

Yes it is updating here as I type this. Will be interested to see how it performs on the more intensive routes such as WCML North around Glasgow or Woodhead.

Edit: Well mine has just launched as "TS2019 32 Bit edition". so is that to say you don't automatically get the 64 bit version unless you actually pay for it or buy one of the bundled routes?

Further Edit: You have to dabble around manually to make it work - this post at UKTS says how:

http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtop...sd=a&start=165
    Last edited by NorthernWarrior; 10-11-2018 at 04:05 PM.
    Vern.

I don't see anything that's changed dramatically to tell you the truth.... All of still works which is good.

Edit: I can't enable the 64 bit... Clicked on it and it still loads up the 32 bit. But from what I read from the UK forum, 64 bit is NOT all it's cracked up to be..... Might be wise not to run in 64 bit on some computers.
    Last edited by MSTS lifer; 10-11-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Took a quick run on WCML North departing Glasgow Central which is the most intensive part of the route. Still got the juddering loading in the next tile so it hasn't improved that side of things. It will be interesting to see if 64 bit has fixed the issue where the editor crashes on applying hi-res DEM at or near a line of latitude, but probably not!
    Vern.

Smoother here on the same route Vern, steady 60fps.

Where as before i would be getting around 40 - 45fps.

Sounds seem more dynamic as well.

All running 64x version.

Mike.