Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Open Rails x.4220, Monogame 3.7 version

Got an error which caused OR to crash...MG X4222, I have ReShade_Setup_3.4.1.exe installed, which has been working in other versions of monogame with no problems.

Relevant portion of log
    Code:
    Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Orts.Viewer3D.SceneryShader.set_OverlayScale(Single value) in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Shaders.cs:line 257
       at Orts.Viewer3D.TerrainMaterial.SetState(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Material previousMaterial) in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Terrain.cs:line 526
       at Orts.Viewer3D.TerrainSharedMaterial.SetState(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Material previousMaterial) in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Terrain.cs:line 572
       at Orts.Viewer3D.RenderFrame.DrawSequences(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Boolean logging) in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\RenderFrame.cs:line 848
       at Orts.Viewer3D.RenderFrame.DrawSimple(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Boolean logging) in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\RenderFrame.cs:line 777
       at Orts.Viewer3D.RenderFrame.Draw(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice) in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\RenderFrame.cs:line 682
       at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.RenderProcess.Draw() in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\RenderProcess.cs:line 332
       at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.Game.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Processes\Game.cs:line 134
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
       at MonoGame.Framework.WinFormsGameWindow.TickOnIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
       at MonoGame.Framework.WinFormsGameWindow.RunLoop()
       at MonoGame.Framework.WinFormsGamePlatform.RunLoop()
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
       at Orts.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\ADRIANA\Carlo\OR_Work\MonoGame_new\Source\RunActivity\Program.cs:line 49

Information: Game.PopState()
    Complete Log here ( and does anyone know for sure if I have to repair the NET framework performance counters? I looked at the instructions at MS...geeze, maybe beyond my pay grade, or at least willingness to learn how to...do they really expect common users to do this?
    OpenRailsLog.zip
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Ignore problem...I found it, I had accidentally copied an entire Content folder from another MG version, now I know you cannot do that.

Although, I would appreciate an answer about the necessity of repairing the NET framework performance counters.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

I did find some reshade profiles for TS 2018, I plugged one in for MG ver 4222, it looks pretty good. I know people where saying that they couldn't find profiles for OpenRails, try some of the profiles for the other train sims, you might be surprised.

Jct of the NS Southern Tier an, New York.

Hi,

I wonder why I'm seeing intense flickering of shapes and jagged lines in OR v4273. Interestingly, the shapes do not flicker and lines appear smoother in OR Monogame. I adjusted the settings in Nvidia Inspector to try to stop the flickering and smooth the jagged lines, but that didn't fix these issues.

Is the problem on all routes or just some of them ?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    I did find some reshade profiles for TS 2018, I plugged one in for MG ver 4222, it looks pretty good. I know people where saying that they couldn't find profiles for OpenRails, try some of the profiles for the other train sims, you might be surprised.
    I tried this tonight & it actually made ORTS look better.

Jct of the NS Southern Tier an, New York.

Hi Bwbrgb,

I only have one route installed. That is a route project. I may install other routes to check if the flashing textures and jagged lines also occur on those routes in OR.

Anyone can share the latest version of Openrails monogame I am not getting the link

A new unofficial release of OR Monogame is available.

The download link is http://www.interazioni-educative.it/...NewYear_MG.zip
    Also the related dev kit is available at http://www.interazioni-educative.it/..._MG_DevKit.zip.

This release is based on the standard OR x.4334, plus the adaptations to Monogame, plus:
    - addition of track sounds in the sound debug window
    - change of the font family and dimension for the digital displays in 2D cabs
    - new trainspotter camera, started with Shift-4, which places itself at railroad crossings and platforms, if present
    - F5 HUD scrolling
    - management of up to 4 pantographs
    - management of location events triggered by AI trains
    - correction of calculation of station stops in a specific case.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Right now I have Open Rails X1.3.1.25-g39999d40 program in my desktop and would like to try with OR Monogame on my desktop. My question is that should I install the Open Rails Monogame first then uninstall the other with Open Rails X1.3.1.25-g39999d40. Or leave this and move over to another drive. In case I don't like Open Rails Monogame program.

John