Thread: Older Routes/Activities using Open Rails - PRR-ER

Default Older Routes/Activities using Open Rails - PRR-ER

Hello, a question regarding running some of the older material on OR. I know there are some here that like running various trains and routes that have aged a bit, maybe been on the "back shelf" for a bit, but are good routes/activities that retain a certain fondness or operating direction.

While I rebuild my MSTS/OR after my computer melt-down, I am reinstalling some older routes and activities that are with them. The first of these "Major" re-instals was NEC V4, and it operates terrific and the "Newer" activities work flawlessly, as do some of the early ones.

My second "Major" re-instal is PRR-ER, I know this one had some teething problems with Open Rails, but I had it working and most of the activities worked as well. Now present day, Sept 2018 and all I can get to work is the Default acts that came with it using the included equipment. I ran into a Constant RED at Overbrook Station while running the first Default Activity. I tried pressing TAB to gain clearance, looked at the Dispatch Screen and HUD, but nothing showed except the red signal that would not clear. I utilized TSRE5 to "Look" for a hidden signal, but alas, none of these resulted in a clear signal.

I tried searching this forum for anything regarding Overbrook 39.98029/-76.26450 Station Signals. In the Signal File all signal distances are set at 4 and above. There was a piece about NOT installing one of the updates/fixes, any information on that?

Any suggestions on running these in OR would be greatly appreciated, before I re-instal others, like Buffalo and Blue Comet.

BTW, I only use Open Rails, MSTS will not get along with my new Win10 computer, at all!

Thank you.

I do vaguely recall that the PRR East has issues with red signals that are specific to it, not other routes. I recall there is a fix that can be found in these forums. Alas I can't be more specific - maybe somone else can.
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    I do vaguely recall that the PRR East has issues with red signals that are specific to it, not other routes. I recall there is a fix that can be found in these forums. Alas I can't be more specific - maybe somone else can.
    Christopher
    I know Vince had made a fix for the pesky red signal at Trenton on the PRR-ER. If you search on here Don, he was working on various fixes on the route.

Look at post #177 here https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...elopment/page2

Myself I ran into quite a few on it. A couple on the Main Line between Philly & Pitt along with some on the NEC.
    - Mark -

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post

Any suggestions on running these in OR would be greatly appreciated, before I re-install others, like Buffalo and Blue Comet.

Thank you.
    Don the Blue Comet route runs great on my PC which is a new rig also. Never a problem running activities or making them in OR. Only problem is a one pesky signal northbound at Perth Amboy on Track 3 near the CNJ- PRR NEC Connector split that sometimes is red. But if you ask permission while in manual, you get a clear (Green). That is the only issue.

The Buffalo Route V2.0 I never had problems with either. I ran activities from Activity Generator 4 and they all worked flawless. I was going to make a few activities for it in the future but I am putting that on hold after the current events from the last week going on. But the route is great on OR running W10. You shouldn't have a problem.
    - Mark -

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    Don the Blue Comet route runs great on my PC which is a new rig also. Never a problem running activities or making them in OR. Only problem is a one pesky signal northbound at Perth Amboy on Track 3 near the CNJ- PRR NEC Connector split that sometimes is red. But if you ask permission while in manual, you get a clear (Green). That is the only issue.

The Buffalo Route V2.0 I never had problems with either. I ran activities from Activity Generator 4 and they all worked flawless. I was going to make a few activities for it in the future but I am putting that on hold after the current events from the last week going on. But the route is great on OR running W10. You shouldn't have a problem.
    Very sorry to hear you won't be creating any acts for the Buffalo route as it is a route that is PERFECT for point to point transfers or switching duties. Sad so many good routes came out at the end of the MSTS/OR lifespan. We'll never know their full potential now.