Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Class Membership

Default First Class Membership

Sorry, but the cost of my First Class Membership is not worth it any longer. Too much Indian stuff for me. I will still keep up with Forum.

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by asteph627 View Post
    Sorry, but the cost of my First Class Membership is not worth it any longer. Too much Indian stuff for me. I will still keep up with Forum.

AJ
    I understand and share your feelings but if you just become another one of the freeloaders how long do you think the site will survive?
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by hiball 3985 View Post
    I understand and share your feelings but if you just become another one of the freeloaders how long do you think the site will survive?
    Who cares? there's nothing here anymore anyways! Even the threads are too old! I agree with the other guy, the Indians have taken over!

Quote Originally Posted by trainman_47 View Post
    Who cares? there's nothing here anymore anyways! Even the threads are too old! I agree with the other guy, the Indians have taken over!

So leave, no one will miss you
    Jim

Look on it as supporting something very worth while, if you can afford to.

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

Not trying to sound non-appreciative but I do support a good deal of payware dealers. Among them are Diesels West,( both public and his member site ), Tiger Trains & Toronto Mainline Trains, Train Simulations, & BLW. I have acquired a good deal of their products. Not knocking the Indian items, but there really isn't much being made in American anymore that is not payware. I wish I could contribute but my computer skills are not that great and my eyesight is slowly disappearing.

AJ

There is always the UK Trainsim site as an alternative or even The-Train.de. I'm glad that the India train sim community supports this site. They have produced some very fine routes to explore. This site provides an entry point into our community for new folks. They can begin to explore the various train simulator and get answers to question from more experienced simmers. MSTS is still viable, but seems to be giving way to Open Rails which provides a more powerful environment for developers. I still use both. There are a large numbers of very nice and clever routes in our library well worth exploring, try something old as new. Might be fun! Many of the payware forums are not as useful to the general range of problems encountered by simmers. The interplay of train sim and real world rail operations is certainly worth the price of admission. I'm a paid member of several Flightsim and Trainsim sites ... about time I become a paid member here! I'll take your place asteph627, to help keep this site viable.

Not trying to sound non-appreciative but I do support a good deal of payware dealers. Among them are Diesels West,( both public and his member site ), Tiger Trains & Toronto Mainline Trains, Train Simulations, & BLW. I have acquired a good deal of their products. Not knocking the Indian items, but there really isn't much being made in American anymore that is not payware. I wish I could contribute but my computer skills are not that great and my eyesight is slowly disappearing.

AJ
    I am in a similar bind. I am living on a fixed pension and extras such as this are too much of a hardship right now.
    I appreciate all the assistance and guidance I have gotten through the years from the folks here. Also with so little of interest to me being produced, I cannot justify the money out. That $30 US translates to almost $50 Cdn today, so it is a "Luxury" I cannot afford.
    My eyesight is bad and I do wish I could have contributed more.

there really isn't much being made in American anymore that is not payware.
    There is, we just aren't seeing much of it. This is the public flickr account of an Open Rails user and is private collection is pretty extensive. A lot of this stuff I've never seen before.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/146164...h/42058977844/

Quote Originally Posted by hiball 3985 View Post
    So leave, no one will miss you

Oh gosh, no.

How will the rest of us be able to enjoy the Thomas Brow modifications that this user has displayed in many a screenshot if they are not around to share with us via the file library here?

You must not have heard that everyone's memberships are locked and loaded waiting for this dandy add-on, and maybe a cool H3 rebuild GP50 skin while they are at it.

Let us not scorn, but congratulate Trainman47 for refusing to behave like the rest of us who hoard goodies and just show them off for bragging rights with no intention of sharing. That does not bring the best out of the user base here.