Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Class Membership

Be nice. This is borderline xenophobic, racist, and downright nasty all in just nine posts...

Many do subscribe to show their support for the community, but it's sort of like tipping. Nobody forces you to do it.

There's no good way for me to respond to this. I'm sure glad that some people still find the site of value and I especially appreciate those who support it financially. This site has never really paid its own way; it only exists because it shares resources with FlightSim.Com.

Not sure why the need to start this negative thread, but maybe after downloading 22,000 files from here the OP really has run out of new things to do here...

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    This is borderline xenophobic, racist, and downright nasty all in just nine posts...
    Can you quote for me where "borderline xenophobic", "racist", and "downright nasty" is in this thread for educational reasons?
    I see that this topic is overall not a friendly one but can't see these details anywhere ...

Quote Originally Posted by GokuMK View Post
    Can you quote for me where "borderline xenophobic", "racist", and "downright nasty" is in this thread for educational reasons?
    I see that this topic is overall not a friendly one but can't see these details anywhere ...
    If you can’t see them, maybe it’s because we’ve done our job already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate trainsim.com. I wouldn't be involved in train simulation without it. I think it is important for the train simulation community. That's why I contribute with a first class membership.

And, Nels: thank you.

Yes, I'd like to see more freeware. But I don't have any more time to make it.
    What I see is that some of the larger creators stopped sharing because of the criticism they received from people here. It doesn't take many. Or maybe even one person can ruin it for everybody. And there has been more than one.

Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by Nels_Anderson View Post
    There's no good way for me to respond to this. I'm sure glad that some people still find the site of value and I especially appreciate those who support it financially. This site has never really paid its own way; it only exists because it shares resources with FlightSim.Com.

Not sure why the need to start this negative thread, but maybe after downloading 22,000 files from here the OP really has run out of new things to do here...
    Guys,
    Come on now, I didn't want name calling. I have been a member of this forum since 2003 and within that time I have amassed a great quantity of items from here. I just stated I don't see much American items at this time. I'm not asking anyone to make this an all American site, I'm just not into foreign railroads. Let's keep this civil, at the present time I just do not think my membership fee is worth it but that doesn't mean I can't renew at a later time.

AJ

I agree with AJ, right now I am not in a position financially to renew, I have always tried to express my thanks for the products I have obtained here, and not to forget all the help from everyone, that alone is well worth the cost of membership.

Our Canadian Dollar has spiralled downward again and this just adds to the expense. A fixed income is not a good thing, it sucks, but I had no choice in that.

At a later date possibly the funds will be present to again support this fine gathering place. I remember when I first discovered this site, there was a Person who always had "a coffee pot filled and hot, and lively conversation" or something to that effect. That attitude seems to have been lost lately. The world changes, and we must change with it, all the highs and lows go along with that.

Don L

I agree it can be hard with some people that a 1st Class Membership can be hard for people during a bad economy, fixed income or just those little things that creep up in life that takes cash to solve. Hell my co-pay at 2 doctors I go to weekly are $30 USD each a week.

A few years back I finally joined as a full paid member. I lurked for years on here as a free member. Downloaded items from the library, maybe post a screen shot or 2. But then I got more interactive and because of good-old Catholic guilt growing up, I joined with a full 1st Class one (Kidding on the Catholic guilt comment, just a joke people, that is all). I did because after I became laid up with my health, I got more interactive in the community here. Answer questions I might know or do know. And ask those questions that sometimes baffle seasoned veterans here. It was and still is a great lifeline for me being immobile.

I wish my design skills were good because I love to join the masses here that uploaded reskins or objects for the library to share with all. So not being able to do that, I bought Rich Garber's Activity Guide and started making activities to share here. Figured give a little something back to a community that has given me a lot in the past.

But I think making the friends I have on here in the past and present makes the cost well worth it for me.

As for all the India Railroad items posted into the library the last few years. I kind of fancy it. A lot of interesting routes, motive power & rolling stock too. I have one drive on my PC here that is for their routes and stock. I know it is not everyone's cup of tea but maybe if you did try a few of the smaller routes out, other's here might see it different. I kind of like how they embraced the community and site here for MSTS/ORTS Q&A and their offerings. Makes me research further on them and the histories are interesting.
    I guess time to rework my spare time priorities now.... - Mark -

I can never understand why there is not an option like UKTS have to buy membership for a month at an adjusted pro-rata rate. That would allow users to support the site and get better access to the file library when they need it rather than have a membership sitting dormant for most of the year. I don't download enough to justify the expenditure for a whole year having very little interest left in MSTS or OR (and that's before we get into the politics of the two sims). I rarely bother with the DTG sim - not produced a route for years - with my interest in Trainz catered for by the N3V Download Station - where I can regard an annual FCT as worthwhile investment.

As regards the forum, when it's not falling over with the 502 Gateway error, well I figure the advertising revenue from all those slightly risqué Indonesian brides etc. ads pays for my occasional use and as was discussed previously I believe the forum bandwidth cost is not that much anyway.
    Vern.

Given that a few people chose to go with insults, racism and trying to promote other websites, this thread is closed...