Thread: Cannot start anything

Question Cannot start anything

I have been working on a new route. I had been working on it off and on for quite sometime. The last time I was trying to rotate an object and the editor kept rotating the object nonstop. I pressed the run button and everything went into the run mode with no problems. I went back into the edit mode and the curser was still rotating nonstop. I got out of the editor going back to the run mode and then quit the program. Later I tried to start the program and I got a TempDemp message. Now every time I try to run Train Sim it generates a TempDump error, I tried looking at the TempDump but it can't be read directly. I re-installed the program (TS2015), and the problem still remained. I am now looking for someone who can help me fix this problem and have some questions. I also installed TS2016 with the same problems.

First, is there any way to read a TempDump message?
    Second, would being able to read the message, help me fix the problem?

So as of now I cannot run any version of TS until I can figure out how to fix the problem.

Can someone help me?

I suspect only DTG could make sense of the dump file, if anybody.

Just an outside suggestion - might be worth checking to see if you have "sticky" keys enabled in your computer options and switch it off. This can lead to a repeated action persisting, though normally shutting down the app and rebooting the PC should clear it.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by rphilips View Post
    I have been working on a new route. I had been working on it off and on for quite sometime. The last time I was trying to rotate an object and the editor kept rotating the object nonstop. I pressed the run button and everything went into the run mode with no problems. I went back into the edit mode and the curser was still rotating nonstop. I got out of the editor going back to the run mode and then quit the program. Later I tried to start the program and I got a TempDemp message. Now every time I try to run Train Sim it generates a TempDump error, I tried looking at the TempDump but it can't be read directly. I re-installed the program (TS2015), and the problem still remained. I am now looking for someone who can help me fix this problem and have some questions. I also installed TS2016 with the same problems.First, is there any way to read a TempDump message?Second, would being able to read the message, help me fix the problem?So as of now I cannot run any version of TS until I can figure out how to fix the problem.Can someone help me?
    Usually when that happens to me I have to quit and COMPLETLY back out of the entire program all the way to the desktop. From there, I restart the sim and the problem goes away. I have never been able to recover when the sim does stuff like that. Sometimes if a raise or lower a object, it takes off either heading towards Mt. Everest or downwards towards China. Again I have to completely back out of the program to fix it..... But I never got the TempDump error on either. Keep in mind to ALWAYS SAVE your work as you progress. I'm a bit anal about this, I save for every section of track I lay, object placement and scenery work I do. It's a good practice to regularly do this. That way if the sim goes helter skelter, or anything else your working on your computer, it won't be that big of a loss if you have to redo stuff.

I have tried as many things as I can think of. I even tried to reload TS2015 and TS2016. Nothing works. IK had backed up my route frequently but it doesn't matter since the program will not start at now and all and gives me is the TempDump error. I upgraded my Window 10 Home and now there is no indication that anything is working. I was addicted to my TS 2016 and have no idea what else to do.