Thread: Milwaukee Road 261

Wayzata, MN Mile Post 26.6 on BNSF Wayzata Sub

Default Milwaukee Road 261

Well everyone I have officially finished my Milwaukee Road 261 model. The versions in this pack include various ways the locomotive has looked throughout its 25 years of Excursion service. Here they are as followed. 1993-1995, 1996-1998, 1999-2008, 2013-2014, 2015, and 2016-present. Hope you all like what you see. I have also rebuilt the tender along with the Aux tender that will also be included in this pack. Another feature I have added to this model is an operating front coupler by pushing SHIFT V. I have also gone through and completely redid the sound set from the ground up so the sounds are just as good as the model. There is one little detail that I would like to make available on the 2013-present but not sure how to go about doing it. What I would like to do is make the lights for servicing along the locomotive turn on and off and was thinking of trying to turn them on when you turn the cab light on but not sure if that would work or not. Also one more model I would like to build of it but not sure how to go about doing that either. The model I would like to build is the North Pole Express version when its all decorated in lights. Anyone have a suggestion on how to go about doing this?

1993-1995 Version- Originally what it looked like back in 1993 when it was first restored 25 years ago. No shade on headlight and original whistle.

1996-1998 Version- Second Whistle was added and front number board all back with no white trim on it.

1999-2008 Version- Shade on the headlight was added for viability

2013-2014 Version- No mars light and running boards painted all black along with lights for servicing was added.

2015 Version- Centered Bell and no mars light along with class lights changed to green and red

2016-present- Mars light added back on

Brandon

Great! do you have some pictures?
    Jim

Here are the first 5 versions of the locomotive in EXCURSION Service from the last 25 years
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is what it looks like currently along with a second pack I will be doing of her and her sisters in a separate pack of what they looked like back in the day. Hope you enjoy what you see.

Brandon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good .
    Jim

WOW ! Beautiful work Brandon. Mega Thumbs Up !!!
    I guess time to rework my spare time priorities now.... - Mark -

Quote Originally Posted by brandon261 View Post
    Here is what it looks like currently along with a second pack I will be doing of her and her sisters in a separate pack of what they looked like back in the day. Hope you enjoy what you see.

Brandon
    Very nicely done Brandon. Is it just me or do I spy some cars from the BLW Hiawatha trainset?
    Jason. Producer of the YouTube series "MSTS Railfanning."
    https://www.youtube.com/user/theUP844

Thank you and yes its still a work in progress! Yes I repainted the BLW pack into what our passenger cars are for the 261.

Brandon

This being posted in the MSTS Locomotive Design,
    I am assuming they work in the MSTS environment ?

No this is an open Rail locomotive only!

Brandon