Thread: Route tsection.dat

Default Route tsection.dat

Is anyone having a problem with TSRE deleting the contents of the route tsection.dat contents after saving?

This is using MSTS. perhaps ORTS does not use the route tsection.dat ?

I've had this issue before. It apparently happens if the dynamic track pieces are given numbers over 40000. I guess you have to re-index them using Horace, or maybe Route Riter (not sure if RR can do it). I just started keeping a backup somewhere, since it doesn't happen on routes I normally edit

ORTS does use the route tsection.dat file. it contains all of the details for dynamic track sections in a route. TSRE5 does not delete the file here, it does rewrite the file with the current date/time stamp.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

ORTS does use the tsection.dat as it contains all of the details of the dynamic track in the route. TSRE5 does not delete on save here, but does rewrite the file with the current date/timestamp.

Yes I have had this happen on certain routes, NEC 4 is one.

I have saved the tsection.dat file in a separate folder within the Route folder, I use that to restore it after exiting TSRE5.

You are using incompatible global tsection.dat with your route tsection.dat.
    There are three solutions:

1. Convert your route tsection.dat to your current global tsection.dat using Horace or other software.
    2. Use global tsection.dat that was used by route builder.
    3. Disable tdb editing in TSRE settings.txt. But in this case you can't edit track data.

Quote Originally Posted by GokuMK View Post
    You are using incompatible global tsection.dat with your route tsection.dat.
    There are three solutions:

1. Convert your route tsection.dat to your current global tsection.dat using Horace or other software.
    2. Use global tsection.dat that was used by route builder.
    3. Disable tdb editing in TSRE settings.txt. But in this case you can't edit track data.
    Thank you Goku, I also have been replacing the route tsection.dat with a batch file.
    I will opt for option 3, as I am not creating a route but enhancing an old route.

rosssweet,

Please note that a routes tsection.dat file is used for indexing Dynamic Track in a route.

You cannot modify ANY track in a route unless the routes tsection.dat file is compatible with the /GLOBAL/TSection.dat file.
    If you mistakenly select a dynamic track section in such a route (incompatible Tsection files)you will corrupt the routes database files.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Thanks Vince.

Not sure how Horace makes a compatible tsection.dat but I will have a look at it.

I have not been able to get the new TSRE5.exe route editor working as yet.
    I usually just rename and copy over the .exe file and it works.

Also wondering how to place telegraph poles and wires and fences along the track like MSRE does.
    Plenty TSRE5 to learn, but its good.
    Ross

The original global tsection.dat file was quite small, and had a low ending section ID number. All routes built using it as a result have a local tsection with a low number range. When people started to make extra track sections the tsection.dat number range had to be made much bigger, and so the local tsection.dat also then had a much higher starting ID figure. Horace deals with the problem by taking the local tsection.dat and renumbering the sections starting at a number which is compatible with the global tsection.dat file.