Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: BNSF Racetrack update

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    Very cool. How much of an opportunity exist for the IHB or BRC operations?

Robert
    Well Neil has gotten me interested in the IHB & I’ve worked around BRC yards so the chances are pretty good.. my goal is to get the Metra system done first, and then expand to the freight only lines such as the IHB & BRC.. Chicago has so many good opportunities for operations and as the railroad capitol of the world, I’m genuinely surprised more of it hasn’t been done before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

Thank you for all your hard work. I spent a few weeks this past summer next to the UP-N line. I can't wait to see a proper Metra line in MSTS/OR, and I can't believe you're tackling all of Chicagoland. You've really put in some amazing work so far.

Quote Originally Posted by bobwdude View Post
    Thank you for all your hard work. I spent a few weeks this past summer next to the UP-N line. I can't wait to see a proper Metra line in MSTS/OR, and I can't believe you're tackling all of Chicagoland. You've really put in some amazing work so far.
    Thanks!! Comments like that give me the motivation to keep going. I can’t take all the credit though.. The UP-NW Line is solely the work of Eric Olesen who agreed to let me use it in my route. It’s been several years in the making as I learn more and more about route building and has only really become a feasible reality with the release of the Open Rails Editor (TSRE5)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--Josh--

Let me know if you need charts for the MILW North line. Have those and the ones for the RI line.

Quote Originally Posted by metrarailboy1 View Post
    Let me know if you need charts for the MILW North line. Have those and the ones for the RI line.
    I could use both if you don't mind.. I'm working on the RI line right now at the same time I work on the Heritage Corridor. The Milwaukee lines are next after that

--Josh--

Very impressive! Do you plan on including the L as well?

Josh,
    Really exciting to see your enthusiasm staying so strong. Your forum encouragement seems to be growing as well, so it's no doubt the end result will be a huge success!
    And, never get tired of "backing up"
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by scfe_fan View Post
    I could use both if you don't mind.. I'm working on the RI line right now at the same time I work on the Heritage Corridor. The Milwaukee lines are next after that
    10-4 message me you email if can and I will shoot them over to you.

Wayzata, MN Mile Post 26.6 on BNSF Wayzata Sub

I am also helping Josh out with this project. I have not done any track work in the Chicago area but will be eventually after I merge everything into another route I am creating! Josh and I have had this in the works for years but have only lately hit full throttle with the project and trying to get everything in place so we can start scenery and other stuff. My route is the Twin Cities and surrounding routes. Him and I eventually plan on building a mega route from the Twin Cities to Chicago for the BNSF and CP Lines along with UP. We have both been working at opposate ends for some time and had some help from others in the past to make this route a reality. This never would be possible with MSTS or the old editor. At the moment I am in the process of merging all of Josh and Eriks work into my own route so we can connect the two routes eventually. We do however plan on releasing both routes separately as well for ones that don't want the whole route. Lets just say this will be a never ending project but hope others will join in and help us out with various things in the future as both routes progress.

Brandon

A couple screenshots with some updates.. I'm working on multiple Metra lines at once to avoid losing my sanity working on just one. Currently doing the MILW-North, and UP-North Lines..

C&NW "New Line" crossing over the Milwaukee North Line

UP North Line (ex-C&NW) Evanston Davis Street Station, with the CTA Davis Street Purple Line station in the background

--Josh--