Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Milwaukee Coast 2 route already

Default Problem with Milwaukee Coast 2 route already

I have downloaded the 4 zip files (mcoa21, 22, 23 and 24) from the Train-Sim library.

I can extract the MCOA2. z01, z02, z03 files just fine to a temporary folder from the zip files 22, 23 and 24.

Inside the MCOA21 zip file is ANOTHER ZIP file MCOA2.......which has the milwcoa2 folder in it with all the other files of a route structure.

Here is the problem...I try to Extract that folder from the zip file, I keep getting some idiot message about" the same volume can not be used as the source and destination."....it will not let me extract that folder or change the path it presets to put it anywhere but where I get that message???

HOW do you get this route to work..............my computer is WIN 7 which can work spanned zip files as well as having the WINRAR program which is able to do spanned files long before Windows could..............I can not even get an option to "Open With..." to choose that program either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am going totally nuts to try and get this to work???

Doug

Hi Doug. I just downloaded the route and extracted the whole thing to a folder on the desktop and ran the MCOA21 zip and got the route . I have win7 plus I use WinRAR to extract. Greg

Put the other.zip file you found into the temp folder with the other .z0 files then extract. The spanned files will then unzip. You can't expand a file using the same name twice which sounds like what you are doing wrong. There is no problem with the files, I unzipped everything perfectly and in the middle of making some paths for it already.
    - Mark -

And if anyone is missing the track shape " A1t0_2mStrt.s " , you can get it here: https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...s-in-ALB-route
    - Mark -

Has anyone made any paths for this route, i cannot make any in the MSTS editor as my consists are made for OR and use long files strings to point to my master Trainset folder, i thought it could be done with the OR track viewer but i can place a start point in there but cannot find a way to get past the first set of switches, i am used to placing a start and a editor finding a way to the other end which i then can edit, i realise no acts were made for the route which is not a problem, but a few basic paths to be able to test would have helped. and i would love to get out there and saviour the route in all its glory.

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

Bernard,

PageUp and PageDown can be used to move the path along the track in the OR Track Viewer

Press the Page Up button. You will go switch to switch or switch to track node, which ever comes first. If you want to take another route you have to page up past the switch first then right click on the switch where you want to diverge. You should get an options menu and Take Other Route should be available. Making paths with the Open Rails Track Viewer can be a bit tedious at time but I do like it. Kind of keeps from making mistakes in the middle of a path.
    Mark

I can't find the route anywhere to download it. I searched for it on here and it comes up with no results! What is a direct link to the files?

Hi Doug,
    To expand on what MMSS posted, you MUST have these 4 files in a single folder : MCOA2.zip, MCOA2.z01, MCOA2.z02, and MCOA2.z03.

Double-click MCOA2.zip to start your archive program to unpack them. For this to work, you should have set .zip files to open with WinRAR or 7Zip or WinZip; if your system is set to use the Windows Explorer unpacker, you must change it. To do this, first install one of the programs listed above, then right-click any .zip file and select Properties; left click the Change button and, from the next screen, select the archiver program you've installed. Click OK. Now, any .zip file you double-click should use that program.

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by FireEngine View Post
    I can't find the route anywhere to download it. I searched for it on here and it comes up with no results! What is a direct link to the files?
    Look in the New Files in the Download Library. It was released today (10/7/2018)
    - Mark -