Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Milwaukee Coast 2 route already

Have fun with it guys. I expect that some of the extraction problems are due to trying to use some
    internal feature of win-7. I used WinZip to create the archive, and tested the extraction several
    times with no issues.

For those not finding it on TrainSim, look under "new files" as MMSS said, but then it is near the
    end of the first page and the last file is on the 2nd page. There is a lot of India stuff ahead of
    it - guess the solution to that is for us old-timers to create more routes-----.

I only use ORTS to run the activities. All of mine were created with MSTS/AE.

J. H. Sullivan
    Last edited by landnrailroader; 10-07-2018 at 03:26 PM. Reason: More items

Quote Originally Posted by landnrailroader View Post
    Have fun with it guys.
    I already am . Made a couple of quick paths and I am already running a Hiawatha. Thanks again Jerry.
    - Mark -

Good show MMSS. Unless you have a death wish, try the switchbacks over Stampede Pass.
    The correct motive power, would be a old 4-4-0 or 4-6-0 but I don't know if such is in the
    library. I used a small diesel switcher to test with. The other 2 abandoned parts are
    much more tame.

In days of old when a route was expected to be temporary, the builders did not move
    much dirt, instead relying on a lot of wood trestles. I don't know if I got those exactly
    right, but there are a lot of them. The line was used only one year.

J. H. Sullivan

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    Bernard,

PageUp and PageDown can be used to move the path along the track in the OR Track Viewer
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonfloyd View Post
    Press the Page Up button. You will go switch to switch or switch to track node, which ever comes first. If you want to take another route you have to page up past the switch first then right click on the switch where you want to diverge. You should get an options menu and Take Other Route should be available. Making paths with the Open Rails Track Viewer can be a bit tedious at time but I do like it. Kind of keeps from making mistakes in the middle of a path.
    Mark
    Thanks Guys will give it a go in a minute, thanks again

Intel i5 2400, Mobo ASUS P8H67, Win 7 Prof 64bit, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX960 4GB, SB Audigy, 6.25TB HDD's.

Greg....

I tankered around with it with the route's creator Mr Sullivan to see what was up, and was finally able to forcefully extract the milwcoa2 folder and assemble the route with WINRAR which worked a lot better than WinZip or all the dumb microsoft folders....jhust did iot like you did on the desktop and it finally worked.
    Thanks
    Doug

Hi to all,

For those using the Activity Generator software, the template project is now on. I successfully ran the whole MILW WB line from Cle Elum to the MILW Van Asselt Yard with some traffic along. There will be about 420 serviceable sidings to be used in the oncoming template project. in OR, it will be suggested to lower down some video settings to improve performance. It will be a lenghty project but hope to reach completion in early 2019.

Will be posting the entire project in the Skyline Computing forum with screenshots.

Thanks Jerry, not only for this route but for the entire 800+ miles network of the MILW system from Harlowton to Seattle-Tacoma.

Well done!

Denis

Denis,

I assume you are the Denis that Moe has referred to with both fondness and awe. I got a email from Lukas
    today and while he does not plan to do anything with active items like sidings names, etc. he figures he can
    reduce the object count on that stuffed to max. tile in Tacoma. Moe's maps 33G & 33H both are mostly
    situated on that tile. I included a set of the maps in the documents folder of the route.

Pardon my ignorance, but "Skyline Computing Forum????"

I might add that I have acquired track charts for the rest of the Pacific Extension. While nowhere near as
    interesting or complex as the current route it would add approx. 500 miles east from Harlowton, MT to
    Mobridge, SD It's another route to piddle along on. The next Milwaukee route will be the Great Falls Line
    from Harlowton to Great Falls, about 175 miles. I have the track, most bridges, and some roads done on
    it. I am using Michael Stefan's GF with some modifications, and my Harlowton at the ends. The only
    other significant town is Lewistown, but there are many sidings with grain elevators.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Yes, I am the one. Over the years, I have created all the templates of your MILW routes. And this one will be no exception. I still run them with Activity Generator templates in OR.

I have just posted my first post (more detailed) of the template project with screenshots. You can click on the Skyline Computing forum link below.

http://skylinecomputing.com/forums/i...showtopic=1028

The Skyline Computing web site is the site where to purchase the Activity Generator (AG) software, an activity creation software and is also where all AG route templates done by users are freely available at the site. I have done (since 2007) around 80 route templates over the years and still use them to run with OR. Immense activity creating possibilities using this software and the route templates that have been created.

Again Thanks Jerry for your contribution to the MSTS-OR community

Quote Originally Posted by dgionet View Post
    Yes, I am the one. Over the years, I have created all the templates of your MILW routes. And this one will be no exception. I still run them with Activity Generator templates in OR.
    This is great news Denis. Having the templates for this end of the route in the future put a smile on my face here for sure. And using AG will make creating activities for this a breeze. My thanks in advance.
    - Mark -

Quote Originally Posted by landnrailroader View Post
    Denis,

I assume you are the Denis that Moe has referred to with both fondness and awe. I got a email from Lukas
    today and while he does not plan to do anything with active items like sidings names, etc. he figures he can
    reduce the object count on that stuffed to max. tile in Tacoma. Moe's maps 33G & 33H both are mostly
    situated on that tile. I included a set of the maps in the documents folder of the route.

Pardon my ignorance, but "Skyline Computing Forum????"

I might add that I have acquired track charts for the rest of the Pacific Extension. While nowhere near as
    interesting or complex as the current route it would add approx. 500 miles east from Harlowton, MT to
    Mobridge, SD It's another route to piddle along on. The next Milwaukee route will be the Great Falls Line
    from Harlowton to Great Falls, about 175 miles. I have the track, most bridges, and some roads done on
    it. I am using Michael Stefan's GF with some modifications, and my Harlowton at the ends. The only
    other significant town is Lewistown, but there are many sidings with grain elevators.

Jerry
    Jerry, The Mobridge to Harlowton would be an interesting section of the Milw. I look forward to that section of the route. Also looking forward to the Great Falls section. The Milw lives!

Robert