Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Route editor preview video

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Oskari, I am fortunate in having the track plan and gradient profiles for this route, ex-NSWGR files, so I could probably do an acceptable replication.
    That's great! Since you can do a BVE route, you'll definitely will be able to put something together with this editor

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Looking forward to trying this, probably on a short route at first to get the hang of it. Depending on whether we can get DEM data in there hopefully a real life location, not fictional.
    I'm lagging behind my original plan of publishing a major update every 2-3 months, so I'll need to cut down the number of features for the first version to get it released in a reasonable timeframe. DEM and map data imports are something I'll probably have to leave out initially. That might not be a huge problem since it's possible to start a route by doing something simple and then make changes and improve upon it as demonstrated in the video. The sim also desperately needs some new trains so I'll have to revisit the editor later next year.

I've studied the Zusi 2 editor a bit, it's quite a beast even for someone who understands German! Anyway I'm really glad to hear many people are willing to try the editor, so I shall get back to work...

Quote Originally Posted by Lapioware View Post
    ....I'm really glad to hear many people are willing to try the editor, so I shall get back to work...
    Good man.....head down, bum up and soldier on!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I come here everyday hoping the editors are here or nearly here.

Mike.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

4. Default

Here's a new video, hopefully a working one even

Gimme gimme gimme

Now that looks very impressive Oskari.

Apart from the mass placement of buildings and trees.

Does the editor allow for placing individual buildings, houses, farms etc.

Looks to be coming along nicely buddy.

Mike.

6. Default

There's no tool for placing individual buildings or trees yet but I'll need to add one, otherwise it won't be possible to add any signal boxes!

Or my house on my own route, buddy.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapioware View Post
    Here's a new video, hopefully a working one even

Yes, mate.....this one works.

Most impressive.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Are we there yet ?

Mike.

10. Default

Not quite Mike, I still have a couple of missing features, bugfixes and performance problems to solve. Once they're done I'll go through the existing routes to improve the trackwork, signalling and scenery. After that the next version is ready for the first round of public testing.