Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Route editor preview video

Nice one buddy, really looking forward to be able to do some route creation.

Thank you for the update, Oskari.

Mike.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

2. Default

Finally managed to publish the first beta test version of the route editor on Steam. Itch.io to follow once all the bugs have been fixed...

Hiya buddy really good news, thank you.

Any beta participation for non Steam users of DRS, please.

Mike.

Posted on Steam as well. Error in route editor. Screenie posted as requested.

5. Default

Thanks Mike, I'll see what's going wrong here...
    Steam has better facilities for conducting beta tests, so I've usually avoided itch.io to save some time since over 95% of DRS users are on Steam anyway and apparently you couldn't resist the temptation either

Yes and i hate you for having to re-install Steam, buddy hahahahahahahaha

Just crashed on me again Oskari, trying to add stopping area at platform.

Good fun though buddy.

Mike.

7. Default

So I guess you old fox pressed the "Remove" button in the "Snap properties" window at some point before trying to add the stopping area? Unfortunately that button isn't supposed to be there and pressing it breaks the route, so you'll have to start a new one (or save another new copy of the existing routes)

I am too old for all this learning buddy.

Would that be why i cannot create a path to run a train Oskari

I have a station at each end of a very short section of track.

Both with stopping areas now, a siding at one station (are points auto generated).

But when i right click on new route and choose "run".

When i create a service, it always fails with "no path found"

Need a manual really, but i know you have enough to contend with already.

Don't remember pressing a remove button. Although sometimes i do not remember my own name.

Mike.

Mike.

9. Default

It's difficult to say what might be wrong. Any chance of a screenshot showing the map in the route editor, and another one of the service template in the timetable editor? The points are automatic as long as the tracks share a common node. You can test this by starting to move the node and seeing if both tracks change simultaneously (and then cancelling the move with right-hand mouse button to let it remain where it was). I'll start working on a manual once I've got the most pressing bugs sorted out.

Last piccie i believe the white triangles denote stopping area. So the service does have a destination, but no path.

At the junction, both sets of tracks seem to share the same node buddy.

Mike.