Thread: Compressed Texture's

Cool Compressed Texture's

Hi guys, I have question about compressed textures! Is it possible to manipulate the texture? like punching a hole through it, for a turntable as an example. Not sure if the editor will allow it, I've tried pressing 'V' to make the grid lines vanish, but it will not save! I do know it won't let you draw on the texture either, I would get the error> can't draw on compressed texture < Any ideas would help greatly. Or maybe another suggestion on how to make the hole for a turntable! Thanks in advance! Tim

The texture being compressed shouldn't stop you from making a hole in the terrain, as the texture isn't involved in the process. What do you mean by making grid lines vanish by pressing V? V (in the MSTS editor, at least) is used for making terrain holes. In TSRE, there is a button for making gaps, and I have seen holes appear in places other than where they should be in TSRE, but they'll always be in the right spot in the sim.

My Bad , I mean terrain holes, well I guess I will look at it again, maybe my camera placement is not correct, I'll have to play around with it I guess. Thanks! for the help. Tim

Sorry I forgot that object had to be fixed to the ground, 'H' key, before attempting terrain holes! Thanks again. All good now! Tim

Hi TXX,

When working with terrain in TSRE it's a great help if you select and check Terrain Grid in the View menu.

It's unclear to me why you think an object is involved with opening a gap (hole) in the terrain. It's not required.
    Simply select the Terrain Grid in the view menu and you're set to make holes, well trangle shaped holes anyway.
    MSTS did have a more precise way of opening gaps but I was able to practice a lot while rebuilding Philadelphia and had success.
    regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 10-26-2018 at 12:05 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Hi Vince, I was only using the turntable as a reference! I understand a hole can be made with no object at all. Thanks! Tim