Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Pre-Release Beta of TSRE5_v0.6963

This would have been and edit of my post but . . .

Regarding the ability of the new TSRE to select and delete a TrackDB Item: A display ( and possibly a way to edit ) the properties of the selected TrackDB Item would be much appreciated.

The warning you display with selecting 'Delete' of a TrackDB Item is well taken. Deleting without knowing exactly what I'm removing always makes me a bit nervous.
    And a way to alter that data may, in the future be a creative way to repair sick-but-not-dead routes.
    regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 10-27-2018 at 08:09 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Hello Goku,

What is really needed is a database rebuilder . . . one that really works.
    It should remove the TDB, TIT, RDB & RIT files and generate a completely new set based on ONLY World file data.

I feel this would quickly eliminate the problems many routes have keeping them from distribution.

I know you are up to the challenge of creating a database rebuilder addition to TSRE to get this very important feature going.
    It will go a long way to solving many problems that todays route builder have.

I know you're loaded with work but sure hope you can find time.
    Any assistance I can help with please ask.

Goku, using your experimental version I have been able to correct many database problems in the PRR-East route (as you will remember this route has badly flawed database files with many conflicts).,

I see mainly signal and speedpost TrackItemTable (tit) entries mixed up. And with the EmptyTDB Items is growing fast I worry as you do about just how many empty items will be tolerated.
    So far . . . it seems okay. But a working database rebuilder would do wonders for many routes suffering the Database Blues.

Sincerely,
    Last edited by Vince; 10-31-2018 at 03:56 PM.

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

I'll second that Vince, and if the suggested rebuilder gives us a meaningful error message if it
    encounters something it cannot deal with, that would be nice too.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Been thinking this through while doing some major tdb editing the past several weeks. I remembered that a MSTS TDB rebuild breaks all signal linking . . . that's not something I'd want especially a large route.

Perhaps a better way would be a method to repair the tdb in small increments rather than a complete rebuild?
    I've been doing some tdb editing the last few weeks attempting with some success to straighten out the mess of the PRR-East database files.
    If there was a way to display and edit ANY datablock in any of the database files it would be a big help.

AS example a signal is displayed as
    1.) A re pyramid (the TDB indicator)
    2.) A Black cube (the Track Item Table indicator) and
    3.) the signal shape itself. All three must be present for a signal to operate.

The signal links data, if any, are contained in the TDB & TIT file datablocks for that signal.
    All three data must be 'In Sync'.
    A way to display (and edit) this data would go a long way to solving database problems that have destroyed many routes. I'm doing it manually now but Goku has come through with the a way of selecting and deleting the Item Table (the Black Cube)
    I'd like to see the data for the selected Black Cube displayed as editable data on the TSRE screen.

In the meantime I'm going through the route and manually eliminating datbase errors as I go.
    I have corrected over 83 so far, but it's a frustrating job because as soon as I correct an error by eliminating a signal of a speed post (the most common error) and when replaced, a different error on a different tile shows up. On and on, and on.
    Back to work.

regards,

Vince, Hence why I've questioned building such massive routes to begin with? I can't sit for any length of time at the computer to run more than an hour. My bum starts to get sore and I have to get up and take a whiz break and replenish my beverage.

Robert

Not to worry Robert,
    With a route this size there's plenty for all types of activities.
    I've heard a new Activity Generator Template will be available and for myself I've made for testing about 20 short 10 minute activities, very simple point to point through the Philadelphia Zoo Interlocking to test signal aspects for the many various paths through the Zoo . . . And a zoo it is . . . hundreds of switches and signals and 3 new yards that were left out of the PRRF06 version for reasons of necessity due to the old MSTS route editor.

I've also written 3 'normal' activities, 2 full length passenger runs of the NEC each direction, 1 freight activity in two parts, 1.) Philadelphia to Adams Yard (north of Trenton) with a pickup some beer and then, next day, 2.) Adams to Waldo Yard in Jersey City. The third is an Altoona Fantrip with a K4 passenger run to Cresson and return, water and coal the engine and then move to the roundhouse using the operational turntable for a scheduled boiler de-scale & blow down.

The planned release to beta testers has been delayed so I can attempt to get rid of as much of the database corruption as possible now that some new tools are available.

GokuMK (the TSRE Author) has come through for us again by making some new features available in his editor but these new tools have delayed release as if there is a way to fix something I won't let it out the door until I've done all possible to distribute a bug free product so in this case the delay is a very good thing . . . and an opportunity for others in the community to take a dip into the new editor pool. Very relaxing and fun!

That said, I agree a route this large is a brass-balled-bitch to maintain which the MSTS editors were simply not up to the job.
    I decided that a huge route with a flaky database files would be the perfect way to prove out the new TSRE editor.
    Which it has passed with fanfare and flying colors! AND . . . continues to improve.

This new editor is a perfect way for those who have the building itch to jump in and try.

No worry about harming a favorite route . . . simply make a mini copy (A separate folder containing SOUND, GLOBAL, TRAINS & ROUTES folders with only your 'testing' route present in the ROUTES folder.

Get TSRE, point it to this folder in the TSRE settings.txt file and you're good to go.
    I'd suggest also getting AND reading the available documents be a priority.
    I built a 1 tile test route as the first thing. Was up and running in 20 minutes!
    Enjoy . .

regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 11-02-2018 at 04:47 PM.

This is more then likely the wrong place to be asking this but, what was the last stable version of TSRE5 before this version was released?

Hi stisf4003,
    There is no 'stable' version of TSRE5 - it is WIP!!

You have already been given this link in response to your Elvastower post : http://koniec.org/tsre5/

Click the 'All downloads' link and there you'll find all the 'non-experimental' versions of TSRE5 - the dates show which is the latest of those versions - v0.6958

Cheers,
    Ged

Sorry for the confusion ^^;

I should of stated that i already had a link to the site.

I was just wanting to know which one of the two "newest" versions would give me the least issues in terms of Bugs and glitches.

Again, sorry for any confusion on my part.

In fairness his site is a little confusing. The latest version that works for 32bit is 6951. I am hoping for an update very soon.

Robert