Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Coal Mining Structures

I have decided to do the L&N Main Stem, but I have 3 routes in the mix that I want to either
    complete myself or put in the incomplete routes category that Nels has set up for us(me).
    As these all 3 radiate from Nashville, and that is where I was born and raised to the age of
    24, I plan to do the Nashville terminal area first, separately, and then use it as the start
    point of the 3 routes. I want to get some lesser known stuff done first and put it in the
    "incomplete" folder. This will include the Milwaukee Road branch south from St. Maries,
    the Camas Prairie, and two iron ore routes in Brazil which I have complete data on since
    I helped design the new signal system for them back around 2010 or so.

J. H. Sullivan
    (aka landnrailroader)

Jerry

The L&N Main, is that going to be from Louisville to Nashville?

And if so, are you going all the way to downtown to both passenger terminals ?
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Quote Originally Posted by landnrailroader View Post
    I have decided to do the L&N Main Stem, but I have 3 routes in the mix that I want to either
    complete myself or put in the incomplete routes category that Nels has set up for us(me).
    As these all 3 radiate from Nashville, and that is where I was born and raised to the age of
    24, I plan to do the Nashville terminal area first, separately, and then use it as the start
    point of the 3 routes. I want to get some lesser known stuff done first and put it in the
    "incomplete" folder. This will include the Milwaukee Road branch south from St. Maries,
    the Camas Prairie, and two iron ore routes in Brazil which I have complete data on since
    I helped design the new signal system for them back around 2010 or so.

J. H. Sullivan
    (aka landnrailroader)
    WHICH ROUTE IN BRAZIL YOU OFFER HELP. ORE ROUTES ARE EXCELLENT.

ONLY THE CARDUMPERS AND COMPLEMENTATION OF A PORT IS MISSING IN REALLY PURCHASING ORE FOR EXPORT.

I believe that only this item is missing on these mining routes in BRAZIL.
    Chimbica Dash8

Rick,

Yes, all the way downtown for both ends. I don't know if it is possible but both
    the Nashville & Louisville stations are (or were last time I looked) set up as 3D
    objects in Google Earth, so if anyone has and uses, Sketchup, maybe those could
    be done for MSTS.

Otherwise, I won't detail out those areas as one could spend many years doing
    that. I have digitized both routes, and have extracted terrain. The south limit
    will actually be the split just south of Brentwood, TN to the split at Amqui in
    doing the terminal. Then the plan is to add the Henderson, Mainline, and
    Chattanooga Divisions. (subdivisions under CSX).

Jerry

There are no Brazil routes in the US train-sim that I know of. I was able to get two early routes
    of MRS Logistica, one being the east route and the other sort of an extension of that. The signal
    work I was involved in was on the route from the train/ship terminal 30 kilometers or so south
    of Rio to Barra do Paral where the shops are located. Then from there to Barra Mansa and
    on to the ore pits near Belo Horizonte. The total is around 500 kilometers. My plan is to do the
    tracks, tunnels, and bridges and then someone else finish it, preferably someone in Brazil who
    can do it with proper Portuguese names and then release it in our Train-Sim site as well as a
    site of their choosing in South America.

The only drawback I have found is that the terrain data for Brazil is not as detailed as that which
    is available for the U.S. It is typically 1 meter resolution.

I should point out that while we do not have any S.A. routes that I know of in the T-S library,
    we do have MRS-Logistica equipment in the form of locomotives and ore cars. These were
    very early, around 2004 or so and the locomotive is a repaint of a default unit. The ore cars
    are neat, in that they actually rattle when empty. Of the two routes I have, the best is one
    that goes from Santos Dumont up and over the escarpment north of there, and ends around
    Barbacena. I have never put these in the T-S library because I could not get in touch with
    the original author to ask for permission. Parts of this line date back to 1870 or so. Although
    the routes and equipment are done in standard gauge, the actual gauge is 5 feet.

J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)
    Last edited by landnrailroader; 11-05-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by landnrailroader View Post
    There are no Brazil routes in the US train-sim that I know of. I was able to get two early routes
    of MRS Logistica, one being the east route and the other sort of an extension of that. The signal
    work I was involved in was on the route from the train/ship terminal 30 kilometers or so south
    of Rio to Barra do Paral where the shops are located. Then from there to Barra Mansa and
    on to the ore pits near Belo Horizonte. The total is around 500 kilometers. My plan is to do the
    tracks, tunnels, and bridges and then someone else finish it, preferably someone in Brazil who
    can do it with proper Portuguese names and then release it in our Train-Sim site as well as a
    site of their choosing in South America.

The only drawback I have found is that the terrain data for Brazil is not as detailed as that which
    is available for the U.S. It is typically 1 meter resolution.

I should point out that while we do not have any S.A. routes that I know of in the T-S library,
    we do have MRS-Logistica equipment in the form of locomotives and ore cars. These were
    very early, around 2004 or so and the locomotive is a repaint of a default unit. The ore cars
    are neat, in that they actually rattle when empty. Of the two routes I have, the best is one
    that goes from Santos Dumont up and over the escarpment north of there, and ends around
    Barbacena. I have never put these in the T-S library because I could not get in touch with
    the original author to ask for permission. Parts of this line date back to 1870 or so. Although
    the routes and equipment are done in standard gauge, the actual gauge is 5 feet.

J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)
    the part that comes close to the sea, I don't know.
    the part of the ore deposits, are two distinct routes.

one of them not available on FORUM as there is a lot of paywere route material.

I am from this region and constantly exempt.

about help you gave the developer of the second part, he is no longer active in the forum and there is no way I warn you to resume work.
    a parte que chega proximo ao mar, eu não conheço .
    a parte das jazidas de minerio, SÃO DUA ROTAS DISTINTAS .

uma delas não disponibilizada no FORUM, pois há muito material de rota paywere.

eu sou desta região e isito constantemente .

sobre ajuda que voce deu ao desenvolvedor da segunda parte, ele não mais está ativo no forum e não tem como eu avisa-lo para retomar os trabalhos .
    Anderson Martins
    (chimbicadash8)
    Chimbica Dash8

As far as I know, the route I mentioned hasn't been done by anyone. I don't intend to provide
    any thing that might be available as payware, simply because I would not know where to find it
    anyway and also because I don't do structures very well other than bridges. My goal will be to
    provide accurate track, tunnels, and bridges, since I have the profiles. Then I will release the
    routes to the "incomplete" category and others can complete them. I would hope that they
    will be completed with "freeware" items so they can be universally distributed. The part of the
    route, Barra Mansa to near Belo Horizonte is relatively new dating from around the mid 1980s.
    It crosses over the route mentioned as having payware in it near Jeceaba. Some years ago,
    someone I have lost touch with sent me the two routes you mention and told me that they
    were not for general distribution. One of those I believe was called the Il Centro route or
    something like that. I won't be using anything from those routes. I would guess that much
    of the payware stuff is in the area of Santos Dumont because there are a great many
    buildings there that I have never seen anywhere else and architecture in Brazil is distinctive.
    Then there is humor too. One of my colleagues, when down there to work on the signals,
    say what we call a "Motel 6" but the sign said "Motel Sex". That caused a lot of hoots.

J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)

Thanks for everyone's work! I really have to find out how to do my own objects and circuits, so that I can give some spotlight to the landscapes of my childhood, the Northern French coal industry remnants and their terrils (spoil tips).