Thread: TSRE and REF file

Default TSRE and REF file

Does TSRE read REF file the same way as the old editor does? Ive noticed that in some cases TSRE does not pick up entry's, where the old editor does.
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

What kind of entries isn't it picking up? I haven't had any trouble with it at this point

New categories of buildings I’m trying to re group buildings by what they are such as elevators depots etc so far elevators are not being recognized by TSRE
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

Quote Originally Posted by cnwfan View Post
    New categories of buildings I’m trying to re group buildings by what they are such as elevators depots etc so far elevators are not being recognized by TSRE
    I found that when re-grouping items in the Route's REF file that sometimes it is the Introductory Bracket "(" that either is missing or Doubled up "((". I have reclassed a number of items as "Elevators" in routes with no issues other than Bracket Problems.

Yesterday I wondered the same thing -- was everything alright here? It turned out I was missing a closing parenthesis on one line. Nothing that followed loaded. It was near the end of the file so the effect was small == and once found easy to correct.
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

This is another case for why I always place any new entries to the ref file following the first entry.
    IOW, you make ALL your new ref file entries the second entry of the file.

If you make a mistake here it will be instantly obvious! . . . NO ref file list at all! (other that the first entry.)

(which is why place the new entry second . . . that's so at least you'll know the ref file is working and it's your new entry that's the problem.)
    Placing new entries anywhere else and a problem may go unnoticed and only show up at a later date after you've forgotten where the new entry was placed.
    And another TSRE tip . . . in the selection window when you click Ref file: you get a long list. Highlight any entry there and type in a letter and you'll go instantly to the list beginning with the letter you type. I type 't' and it jumps to my first entry which is 'turntable'.
    Your list of course will be different. The search function here is also very useful.
    enjoy & regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"