Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wish to run the BHP world record train

Default Wish to run the BHP world record train

Hi Team,

With a small amount of work on my part, I have created ( copied the old and made changes ) to the BHP route world record run.

This will test the best drivers, I am not in that group, 2 emergency applications in the first 30km.

The route can be downloaded from :-

http://msts.steam4me.net/routes/wa_bhp_mac.html

Then you add an activity and a service file to be able to use the supplied WR consist.

If the response is good from Beta testers, I will upload to the library.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers
    Derek

Just to add, this train had 675 coal wagons.
    Cheers
    Derek

Hi Derek,

The BHP Iron Ore world record train had 682 (iron) ore cars.

When I select your activity in OR I get a <missing: unknown> locomotive and missing consist au_2d8+104loaded_2rake_mixed_large.

Note that the BHP June 2001 world record train was run with all 8 of the AC6000 locos to demonstrate Locotrol III. This train was assembled at Yandi Junction where a Yandi train was connected to a Newman train. The entire train did not run on the Yandi branch so the only climbing it did was up the Chichester Ranges where the coupler broke.

I have attached the consist file for this train. The AC6000 locomotives are in bhp_ac60.zip and 125 tonne Comeng ore cars are in pilbara_m636_pack.zip which can be downloaded from the file library here.

BHP did have a previous world record in May 1996 with 10 CM40-8M and 540 ore cars and I have included a consist file for that as well.

Cheers,

Marek.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Today a BHP loaded 268 car iron ore train ran away without the driver for approx 50 miles before being deliberately derailed.....bit of a mess all round. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-46105280

Thanks for the corrections Marek.
    I was using a consist that I thought came with the install.
    I certainly didn't build it.

As I am crashing Goku's editor, I am waiting for a fix.
    Cheers
    Derek

Just out of curiosity, I read a news article a few years back that all of BHP's AC6000 were sitting in a dead line with their batteries and oil removed. A year or so after that I heard online that these engines were scraped or sold. Does anyone know the disposition of these engines?

Fred

https://www.pilbararailways.com.au/bhp/ac6000.php has the history of these locomotives. 6070 was written off in 2011 following an accident, and the rest were scrapped in October 2014.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

With 13 downloads, I expected more people to come back with errors.
    Merak has indicated he does not have the consist, so I am at a loss as to where I got it from.
    Cheers
    Derek

Hi Derek,

It's possible (and highly likely) that I have deleted those consists from my installation.

Cheers,

Marek.

Well, coincidentally, I've been running this route for a couple of months. I wanted something extreme to test the files I have been making...just to see how they held up. I have OR conversions for all the stock for the BHP. I used the data/physics exactly as found in Mareks engine files.

I'm having trouble going up to the main line from the Yandi balloon. Cannot seem to make it...my guess is that it's my inexperience. When I run from Mac I do okay. It will be interesting to try to world record consists in OR.

If anyone is interested I can make up a conversion kit and attach it here, or upload to library.
    I also have all the Dash9s found in pilbara_c44-9w_kd.zip converted. They are all in one folder so the end user will have to separate them out.
    Regards, Gerry
    bandicam 2018-11-06 23-08-44-290.jpg
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.