Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BR BRCW Type 3

Default BR BRCW Type 3

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/...2tUA1sWY72TYog

Lovely model, complete waste of time on the WSR.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Yes, very nicely detailed and I'd love to thrash the pants off her, but, not on the 25 mph maximum West Somerset Heritage Line, ye Gods......

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

If it could be used on Paddington to Reading at least we could give it a bit of a thrash. After the Sulzer Type 2's, I had a soft spot for the old Cromptons, but 20 seconds of Notch 3 then trundle idling at 25 MPH is not going to get the juices flowing.
    Vern.

Well, you can have a play with it now, Vern, as it's been released by DTG this afternoon on Steam, mind you, I have already spent what little money I had in the Black Friday sale, so, I won't be able to obtain it until late next week.

Cheerz. Steve.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/5...33_Loco_AddOn/
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

This is what i really dislike about TSW. The addons or DLC can only be used with the one specified route.

If i wanted to drive the BR BRCW Type 3, on the Padd - Reading route or even CSX Heavy haul.

I should be able to, as per Railworks or Trainz.

Mike.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    This is what i really dislike about TSW. The addons or DLC can only be used with the one specified route......
    I was thinking the same thing, Mike.
    Yet another example of DTG's strange way of thinking.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Well, you can have a play with it now, Vern, as it's been released by DTG this afternoon on Steam, mind you, I have already spent what little money I had in the Black Friday sale, so, I won't be able to obtain it until late next week.

Cheerz. Steve.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/5...33_Loco_AddOn/
    Well I've got some credit on Steam after refunding the somewhat disappointing Farming Sim 2019 (FS2017 is excellent) but I think I will wait for a few reviews to pop up first or see if the Xmas sales lop 20% off the price.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    This is what i really dislike about TSW. The addons or DLC can only be used with the one specified route.

Mike.
    All due to the game engine of DTG's choice: UE4, where everything is cooked solid to prevent tampering, cheating and modding.

it seems a true free roam or quick drive at the present is beyond the capacity of DTG/capability of UE4.

Only with the promised editor there is a chance you can substitute rolling stock, and wether that is going to be an easy WYSIWYG operation or involved opening and editing scripts still remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Well I've got some credit on Steam after refunding the somewhat disappointing Farming Sim 2019 (FS2017 is excellent) but I think I will wait for a few reviews to pop up first or see if the Xmas sales lop 20% off the price.
    You're a bit hopeful matey, Xmas is only 2.5 weeks away, I hardly think it'll get anywhere near discount mode yet.

I also read a few damning reviews regarding Farming Sim 2019, not as good as 2017 apparently, so, I think I'll obtain that one instead as the price has come down significantly.

Cheerz. Steve.

DTG are stranger than fiction Bruce.

I do not hold out much hope, for anything comprehensive, Edwin.

Mike.