Thread: Big Electrics in the Desert - BM&LP

Default Big Electrics in the Desert - BM&LP

A bit of a boom/bust project of mine....the Black Mesa & Lake Powell RR of Arizona. Coal mine to power plant....has to win the award for most boring route in MSTS. Single track, no outside connections, no switching, just 78 miles of pure efficiency.

I've always liked the E60, in all forms. Here are three personal repaints of the NALW model...when nobody's looking,pretend we're in Utah and bring in the Deseret Railroad and Navajo Mine...maybe even Texas Utilities if I could ever find a good image of them.

BM&LP was named Trains Magazine "America's Finest Railroad," October 1974.

P.S. Not quite sure where to post this, here are some screenshots, but I would like to finish it and release it. Just wondering, would anybody actually be interested in this stuff?

Any ideas on changing the catenary color to black?

Wow, I have been thinking about making this route for ages now. Hell yes. Please do finish it for release. There is a similar operation in Texas that uses a single electric locomotive that is quite old. Been considering for a project. Like heavy electric locomotives and the E60 is a long time favorite.

Robert

If you ever finish and release this route, I'd be interested in checking it out!

Any update on the route?