Thread: TS 2019 32 and 64 bit versions

Default TS 2019 32 and 64 bit versions

I'm supposed to have both but a screen indicates that I'm in 32 bit mode. How to change? Nothing in settings to allow that.

I thought that TRS19 needed 64-bit to run. From memory this was introduced in the Trainz TS12 version.

Is the warning that you are running in 32-bit when 64 is required?

Think the OP may be in the wrong section of the forum. The DTG product, also known as TS2019 but generically as Railworks has just been updated to 64 bit but retains a 32 bit version. I believe you need to launch the 64 bit version from within the Steam game list itself.

TRS2019 (as in Trainz) is 64 bit only.
    Vern.

Vern --

I think you are correct. Sometimes it's difficult to differentiate between the two competing products. Do you think this might be deliberate?

Why in God's name N3V/Auran never used the acronym "Tz----" for their product, I'll never know.

They invented the bloody term "Trainz", so why not use the 'z' whenever and wherever they refer to Trainz?

Odd.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Nothing could be worse than this rip-off:

Harold

That one is a bit more understandable after all MSTS is an ancestor of Railworks, even the latest version of whatever DTG want to call it still has the Kuju logo on the startup screen.