Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: UK DMU - Getting Moving?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuz View Post
    Hi,
    With regard to MEP "Dreary DMU Day" there are two AI DMU early on the activity that glide passed with only one car. I presume there should be two but I cant identify them so as to change the Eng. file to enable them to show, if this is indeed the case. Could someone be kind enough to identify them? My activity editor wont open on this activity for some reason Maybe because I have already altered the 104DTCL as per Shawmuts earlier post
    Regards Stu.
    Hi Stu,

I wonder if there is something amiss with your MEP mini-route installation. I've got MEP installed as a mini-route on both my C:\ and D:\ drives and they both work as intended with virtually any amount of OpenRails folders in the Engine and Wag folders. Further, the Dreary Day DMU scenario opens up in the activity editor just fine. See pix below:

MEP_MiniRoute.jpg DrearyDay.jpg

Are the modified engine files located in an OpenRails folder within the MEP-BRCW104 folder (see pic below). If this doesn't solve the problem, I wonder if a deletion and re-install of the mini-route might help? Just guessing here, I hasten to add.

BRCW104.jpg

Cheers,

David

Hi David,
    My OpenRails folder is in C:/ OpenRails. When I modified the Eng. file as you suggested in "Dreary DMU Day" I then had the 6th car attached to the DMU. However trying to get the AI DMUs to show the extra cars by modifying there Eng. Files does not work. I still have single car DMUs passing me with no attached power car.
    Regards Stu

Hi David,
    My OpenRails folder is in C:/ OpenRails. When I modified the Eng. file as you suggested in "Dreary DMU Day" I then had the 6th car attached to the DMU. However trying to get the AI DMUs to show the extra cars by modifying there Eng. Files does not work. I still have single car DMUs passing me with no attached power car.
    Regards Stu
    Hi Stu,

Attached is a zip file; within that zip file is a folder called "MEP-BRCW104." Drop that folder into your Trainset folder and allow all overwrites. Then try out Dreary Day again and let me know if it solves your problem.

Cheers,

David

Hi David,
    Many thanks for taking the time to solve this problem! Yesterday I replaced my present MEP Route with a copy I had on an external drive from a couple of years ago. So a vanilla install. I could load the editors without fault. Today I installed your BRCW zip and the Dreary DMU Day turned into a very bright one, at least from where I was sitting!
    I have not tried the editors yet.
    Regards Stu
    Last edited by Stuz; 12-05-2018 at 08:28 PM. Reason: punctuation

Hi David,
    Many thanks for taking the time to solve this problem! Yesterday I replaced my present MEP Route with a copy I had on an external drive from a couple of years ago. So a vanilla install. I could load the editors without fault. Today I installed your BRCW zip and the Dreary DMU Day turned into a very bright one, at least from where I was sitting!
    I have not tried the editors yet.
    Regards Stu
    Hi Stu,

I'm glad the solution worked! Happy train simming …

Cheers,

David

Don't forget to change the 105 trailers, they have the same problem.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust